Close ratio string gauge

KBMoser

Audiophile
Oct 16, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Ive been looking for a set of strings that are not so drastic in gauge variation. I like .38 to .42 for my top string, but I hate whats includdd with the rest of the pack, like .08 or .09.
s. I like to shred but I cant on such tiny strings. So 2o have noth worlds, I would like to find a single set I can buy that start at .11 or .12 and end at .38 - .42. Does anyone know if a company has a sdt like this?

That would make the string tension real feel pretty odd across the different strings... Loose, sloppy low strings with tight, hard to bend higher strings. Kind of the worst of both worlds....

i don't think its that weird at all, what weird to me is going basically from a bass string to a .11 gauge string...

and besides, i like it, and i'm comfortable playing this way, just tired of always buying separate packs of strings.

53Crëw;10335810 said:
That would make the string tension real feel pretty odd across the different strings... Loose, sloppy low strings with tight, hard to bend higher strings. Kind of the worst of both worlds....

I'm not sure you understood the question. i don't want big loose strings or hard to bend high strings. More like the opposite of that. String tightness is relevant to what tuning you play in. I play in c standard and i know i prefer my setup. Don't be thinking i'm weird for thinking outside of the box. Just a simple question, i didn't want to upset anybody now. :puke:

Had a buddy who used a 48 for drop B. His guitars were really well set up, and while I couldn't play them, he made them sound very tight.

like i have fucking said for the 3rd time now, i like my setup. i know what i like to play. it might sound like shit for you because you have no technique, but for me its a perfect balance. so shut your mouth cuz i didnt ask for your opinion.

so shut your mouth cuz, i didnt ask for your opinion.

gang-prison-tattoos.jpg