COB Interviews

Whatever the fuck you say, Next in Line, Bastards of Bodom and We're Not Gonna Fall are not my favourite type of COB.

Have you ever taken the old COB albums and seperated the speakers w/ the equalizer to listen to the different guitar parts? Alexander was the fuckin MAN, he really gave Bodom its sound, especially on HCDR (sooo heavy and clean), Tokyo, and FTR. He really was the man, his guitar sound and playing was so perfect, AYDY and CYR are definitely lacking without him

Have you ever taken the old COB albums and seperated the speakers w/ the equalizer to listen to the different guitar parts? Alexander was the fuckin MAN, he really gave Bodom its sound, especially on HCDR (sooo heavy and clean), Tokyo, and FTR. He really was the man, his guitar sound and playing was so perfect, AYDY and CYR are definitely lacking without him

who cares Roope is the best Guitar player ever in COB (maybe after Alexi but I don't really know).

And Alexander is ugly as fuck:p

Thanks hannah_d!!!!

Whatever the fuck you say, Next in Line, Bastards of Bodom and We're Not Gonna Fall are not my favourite type of COB.

We're Not Gonna Fall it's a great song but Next in Line and Bastards of Bodom are my least favourite songs in the album.

I think they made a quite good job by choosing Roope (the man who's never been sober in his lifetime :loco: ). Altogether they've become harder and less darker without forgetting their musical origin and still they feature a technically sophisticated guitar and key play combined with a great arrangement. The new sound simply comes straight to the point. I prefer both the Alexander era and Roope era.
Ta-Dah!!!

Alexi on Stockholm Knockout CD: "I didn’t even know the album was going to be released. I think the DVD is good. I guess the live album is okay, but I wouldn’t buy that damn thing. I’d just buy the DVD."

I guess the live album is ok...

At least someone agrees with me!! This is exactly how I feel, the DVD is better, the mix is more powerful. The CD simply does not add up to Tokyo Warheart, period. Good setlist, but Tokyo is a much better representation of how perfectly they can play live. Disagree with me as much as you want, but Alexi agrees, so there. :headbang:

The dvd rox even though i haven't seen it yet. I want to see the documentary part already. And the performance probably will be outstanding.

And you're calling yourself Lady Laiho and haven't seen the DVD where your 'husband' (keep on dreaming!) is in?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh man,that's just...o_O

haha. Well for those of us who actually have seen the DVD and bought the CD, I totally agree with Alexi's statement: "I didn’t even know the album was going to be released. I think the DVD is good. I guess the live album is okay, but I wouldn’t buy that damn thing. I’d just buy the DVD."

Although I am kind of suprised he would go so far as to bash the CD like that. The DVD is a good representation of their live show, but the CD falls short, with a less-powerful tinny guitar sound (tinny, not tiny), and a bunch of mistakes that can be heard.

"I guess the live album is okay, but I wouldn’t buy that damn thing." :ill:

haha. Well for those of us who actually have seen the DVD and bought the CD, I totally agree with Alexi's statement: "I didn’t even know the album was going to be released. I think the DVD is good. I guess the live album is okay, but I wouldn’t buy that damn thing. I’d just buy the DVD."

Although I am kind of suprised he would go so far as to bash the CD like that. The DVD is a good representation of their live show, but the CD falls short, with a less-powerful tinny guitar sound (tinny, not tiny), and a bunch of mistakes that can be heard.

"I guess the live album is okay, but I wouldn’t buy that damn thing." :ill:

Too late for me, I got both as well. Now I have like 3-4 different versions of Downfall on my laptop, pretty interesting to compare

Too late for me, I got both as well. Now I have like 3-4 different versions of Downfall on my laptop, pretty interesting to compare

Is there anything you have found when you compare the older and newer recordings?

I think there are some things that have gotten better over time, like the addition of the harmonized sweeps at the end of downfall. Jaska is much much better than he was years ago. I do not know if I like Alexi's playing better on the newer stuff. Janne makes a bunch of mistakes on Silent Night!?

What do you think?

I just compared my different Downfall versions again,one version is from Bestbreeder/Tokyo Warhearts, the other one's from Stockholm Knockout live.
The change in Alexi'svoice was the first thing I realized.And I think today they play Downfall slower(can that be???).But the guitars are much louder than back in the days/the keyboard is quieter.And Jaska improved,that's definitely a fact, I like that Deadbeats section a lot.

I just compared my different Downfall versions again,one version is from Bestbreeder/Tokyo Warhearts, the other one's from Stockholm Knockout live.
The change in Alexi'svoice was the first thing I realized.And I think today they play Downfall slower(can that be???).But the guitars are much louder than back in the days/the keyboard is quieter.And Jaska improved,that's definitely a fact, I like that Deadbeats section a lot.

Tell me what you think of the differences between the two Lake Bodoms