COB Pics

that logo is clearly an 81. He was using blackouts in all of his guitars and apparently swapped them for EMGs. That logo is NOT THE EMGHZ LOGO. This is the HZ logo
winter06_cob02.jpg

it IS possible that he's either endorsed by both, or have an open endorsement with duncan. I talked to a guy in norway that has endorsement for neck pickups with duncan, and bridges with EMG

it sounded pretty far out, but it was legit. How he pulled it off is beyond me, as ive never heard his name before, but who knows what alexi can do

that logo is clearly an 81. He was using blackouts in all of his guitars and apparently swapped them for EMGs. That logo is NOT THE EMGHZ LOGO. This is the HZ logo

I know how the HZ logo looks and also how he EMG normal logo looks (I happen to have an 81 myself), and whereas the 81 MIGHT fit for the Alexi Fin (although wouldn't make sense cos he's sponsored by Seymour Duncan and the Blackouts kick 81's ass) it doesn't for the Pink Sawtooth, because it has the booster, and the booster does NOT go with active pickups.

^Didn't see any cameras,

This brings to mind. At Tuska 2007 they filmed the gig! I remember them telling the audience and also filming the audience screaming for bodom. I bet they shot like a couple of songs of each of the headliners on 3 days. It would be out on the official tuska dvd but so far i haven't heard piss or shit about it.

Inb4:The EMG 81 sales go up 500% when someone confirms its an EMG 81

:lol: I don't think so because it's not going to be an 81, :lol: He has Blackouts that beat the shit out of them if he wants actives, :lol:

BUT nice to know about Tuska 2007 thing. It'd be great if it was some day broadcasted on Finnish TV as Tuska 2003.

I know how the HZ logo looks and also how he EMG normal logo looks (I happen to have an 81 myself), and whereas the 81 MIGHT fit for the Alexi Fin (although wouldn't make sense cos he's sponsored by Seymour Duncan and the Blackouts kick 81's ass) it doesn't for the Pink Sawtooth, because it has the booster, and the booster does NOT go with active pickups.

Regardless of which pickup you think is better (I even agree, the Blackouts ARE better), it clearly looks like he's using EMG 81's.

And like I said, he could be using that Pink Sawtooth without activating the Gainbooster switch. Why? Maybe he just likes that guitar better.

Nevertheless, I'm sure we'll find out soon.

BUT nice to know about Tuska 2007 thing. It'd be great if it was some day broadcasted on Finnish TV as Tuska 2003.

Yeah i wait for something like that. I so clearly remember them telling us there that we are being recorded for a fucking official Tuska DVD. Then they told us to scream all we could while the camera went by.

Regardless of which pickup you think is better (I even agree, the Blackouts ARE better), it clearly looks like he's using EMG 81's.

And like I said, he could be using that Pink Sawtooth without activating the Gainbooster switch. Why? Maybe he just likes that guitar better.

Nevertheless, I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Erm... the switch in the Pink Sawtooth only controls the volume, all the other features of the gainbooster remain active when you turn the switch off.

Yeah i wait for something like that. I so clearly remember them telling us there that we are being recorded for a fucking official Tuska DVD. Then they told us to scream all we could while the camera went by.

Let's hope we see something like that. It'd be great.

I may be a bit late, but anyway, I finally had time to upload my Sauna pics. Their quality is quite bad - I had a new camera and I was using it for the first time (manual) and, well, I'm used to take photos with my digitals SLR :rolleyes:...

10.jpg

Lauri Porra & Finnish poetry part x - Angels don't kill in finnish
band.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

29.jpg

21.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Happy Alexi:
20.jpg

63.jpg

...and Janne is happy, too!
64.jpg

31.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

^I love this one even though it's not technically the best photo ever..

62.jpg

Not the sharpest, but hey, Frank fucking four eye!! (or what was it?)

65.jpg

I think they palyed Hate Crew Deathroll after this... ?

But hey, I think we forgot somebody, so here comes JASKA!

extra_jaska.jpg

^While Eläkeläiset was playing, Jaska was doing something with his drums.
failed_crop_jaska.jpg

^Really bad picture...

Those and more can be found from here - and if I feel like it, I may upload some more pics.

@siipikinner really good pictures (taking good pictures is not easy in the front rows...). You managed to capture lot of nice moments!