CoB theme

this is what the theme looks like when I open it

ergh.jpg

thats weird...i think you have to download that service pack from microsoft or whatever it is to make it show up

┼Victim of the Night┼;5624989 said:
And I love old CoB's covers...

Me too. I like all of 'em, but my favorite covers are probably Follow the Reaper and Hatecrew Deathroll.

Oh, by the way. I haven't had much time to work on that theme lately, but I will soon. I had another idea for it (albeit an obvious one). I think I'll have the text for titlebars, the start menu, etc. in the Civitype font (the one that all the CoB albums except for AYDY use.) Maybe I'll mix it up a little and have some of those be the font that is on AYDY too. I don't know if I have that one, but I saw it the other day so I'll find it and download it again.

If I made a theme, I could use the 5 album covers as My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, Recycle Bin Empty, and Recycle Bin Full, but there could be other stuff too.
Hehehe, I'm waiting for the day some old school Bodom fan creates an Recycle Bin Full icon showing AYDY dumped into the ordinary windows recycle bin :D

All I've got to do is finish up those guitar cursors and make the wallpaper. I was thinking of using a big photo-mosaic of a bunch of band pics (live stuff, album covers, pretty much anything and everything CoB) as the wallpaper when I was done with my theme. What do you guys think?
I think wallapers always need lots of negative (empty) space where to put your buttons so the desktop icons don't go in front of the main subject and mess up the picture.

I think I'll have the text for titlebars, the start menu, etc. in the Civitype font (the one that all the CoB albums except for AYDY use.)
The Civitype font is kinda difficult to use because the upper case letters are so much bigger than the lower case letters. You'll have to give the text a very big size to make it readable... Would be cool if it works out with Civitype, if not, you might use the Spacesuit(?) font that was used on the webpage during the Hate Crew Death Roll era.

I think wallapers always need lots of negative (empty) space where to put your buttons so the desktop icons don't go in front of the main subject and mess up the picture.

The Civitype font is kinda difficult to use because the upper case letters are so much bigger than the lower case letters. You'll have to give the text a very big size to make it readable... Would be cool if it works out with Civitype, if not, you might use the Spacesuit(?) font that was used on the webpage during the Hate Crew Death Roll era.

Yeah, I should make sure that whenever I get around to finishing this, the wallpaper doesn't clutter the desktop. And I'm also not so sure about using the Civitype font anymore either. You're right, it would be very hard to read unless it was a very large size, so I don't think I'll do that.