COBOT: The Album [NEW THREAD]

Why be able to read music/notation when you can easily read/write and master tabs in a much more efficient way?

Because you're a pussy ass faggot, and tabs are sooooo inefficient when you actually know wtf you are doing. Its 10,000 easier to see rhythm, chord changes, scales, arpegios, and intervals. Alot of tabs don't even come with proper notation of rests and note length, so if you don't know the song you can barely play it....and no thats not just "my opinion", because anyone who disagrees with me probably never learned, or really sucked at proper notation. (like I do now since I havn't read a piece of sheet music in 3-4 years :cry:)

Its like asking "Why do I need to learn how to read when watching the movie is much more efficient". You miss out on so much.

/rant - what muffin said :/

I just decide what I want my chord progression to be, play with it over and over and over again and eventually I'll have some riffs I really like and I'll start stringing them together. I don't write any of it down, which is much worse than being a kid who relies on tabs :p

Anyway, due dates is basically end of summer? Don;'t think I can do that, as much as I'd like to.
We'll see where my priorities lie in the next month.

GP can write music notation too u know

Anyhow, I'm sort of wondering whether I should revamp an old almost-finished song for this, or write a completely new one from the gazillion of riffs I have accumulated in the last few months.

and no thats not just "my opinion", because anyone who disagrees with me probably never learned, or really sucked at proper notation

meh

IMG_0913.jpg

just sayin

Reciting classical pieces =/= making metal songs, as much as some people like to claim otherwise :p.

When I used GP5 I used to just stick to the notation part. Its much quicker, especially when working in a band or writing songs.
meh indeed.

Cliff mad because he was probably forced to read notation by some strict nazi teacher.

Tabs work, they do what I want and they do it fast. Tabs ftw.

Cliff mad because he was probably forced to read notation by some strict nazi teacher.

So every music teacher over 25 is a nazi :p. Children :rollseyes:. Whatever, in my experience, the only people to say tabs are better, can only read tabs, thus they have absolutely no basis on comparison.

I'll admit I mostly do tabs, :p
I work in the notation part of GP, but I haven't jammed with someone who can follow a lead sheet in forever, and when Im trying to explain theory to freinds they make me write it out in tabs...which I hate because its so much harder to explain in a tab D:

What the fuck is the point of page 2? GP4 is a perfectly fine tool for guitarists so stop moaning. I can notate music but I use tabs for guitar, so what?

And Necromancer, I like the song, very cool vocals and overall production too, sounds pro.

Big surprise, count me in :)

Late August? Means I'm gonna have to boost my ass of in August since I'm not back home from shamrockland until the 27th of July, then a week to get the playing going and then, oh pressure come to me, write and record. Yay! :kickass:

Whats the point of using GP4, when GP5 is better and looks pretty much just the same?

i was just looking a review of GP6, now you can open multiple files, and use tabs. Other than that i don't think is worth the upgrade

gp6 RSE is like 1000x better than before. The steel and nylon acoustics are borderline realistic. Drums and bass can be exported straight into a .wav and used as a backing track.

I have yet to try GP6. GP5 does all I need really, GP4 did as well.

About deadline, instead of having a rushed late August, how about late September?

¯\(°_o)/¯ define:worth -the quality that renders something desirable or valuable or useful