COBOT: The Album [NEW THREAD]

I figured out a good Two Minutes to Midnight acoustic cover but my roommate has not touched the fixing of my computer :(

I want to add pagan drums and flutes to it D:

Aye guys, I could actually mix some stuff and clean up the sonic messes you guys will create.
Basically got a studio right here, I can do any intruments too if somebody has problems or suck-ass drums or bass.

Its basic, home recording. I got M-Audio BX5a Monitors, no real console (wouldn't need it anyways, I use the korg nano series mixer for all the digital stuff), a Stage Audio TI-216 Analog mixer, several Audio interfaces, SM57's and some condenser mics aswell as my assload of guitar equipment.
Also some Rack equip (mostly guitar except for a cheap multi.).
I got the entire Softube Plugin catalogue as well as most of PsPs's plugins.
DAW is REAPER.
I started building up the studio like a year or so and it has really taken shape now. Its nothing special, but enough to get some REAL shit done.

I could be in with my latest recording. It would be cool to have someone doing vocals to my song though.

I had a whole bunch of new song ideas and whatnot but my laptops hard drive broke and I lost everything from the songs to all my recording software and all the presets etc. :( Well, I think I'm now going to start making backup's from my files.

Its basic, home recording. I got M-Audio BX5a Monitors, no real console (wouldn't need it anyways, I use the korg nano series mixer for all the digital stuff), a Stage Audio TI-216 Analog mixer, several Audio interfaces, SM57's and some condenser mics aswell as my assload of guitar equipment.
DAW is REAPER.
I started building up the studio like a year or so and it has really taken shape now. Its nothing special, but enough to get some REAL shit done.

28ml2kp.jpg

Great job with the thread, Ensi!

Looks very accurate, starting from the description and all that... and it's great to see many people are going to participate. :)

This is great stuff, some of the best things that can happen on a forum, to me.

Don't fuck with my monitors man :bah:

(Is that a "Fuck Yeah" or a "Yeah, Fuck Your" ?) :D

Its acutally a fun story, I ordered completely different ones and Thomann kept sending me wrong ones (5x, took almost 6 weeks), I got a huge discount then and went with these.
On buying I actually didn't know they where extremely kickass and used in many high budget productions (for example Triviums new song).

Don't fuck with my monitors man :bah:

(Is that a "Fuck Yeah" or a "Yeah, Fuck Your" ?) :D

Its acutally a fun story, I ordered completely different ones and Thomann kept sending me wrong ones (5x, took almost 6 weeks), I got a huge discount then and went with these.
On buying I actually didn't know they where extremely kickass and used in many high budget productions (for example Triviums new song).

I have the same monitors, they're king

DAW is REAPER.

Never heard about that one, didnt find anything about that.how do you use it and how do you mix? I guess since you're working with a DAW you work on your computer, why do you need some analog mixer, just for the output of your soundcard? And the korg nano mixer just to control your faders and stuff of the DAW? Andddd the most important point was left out : Which condenser mics ? :lol: I love mics so I gotta ask.
And what kind of rack equipment? Behringer tube composer? :p
Psp plugins are really nice, I'm using some of them but waves and sonnox are my fav at the moment (PLUS the digidesign /avid reel tape delay, thats awesome).
you only need to get some nice monitors now :heh: :p !
nah,that shit is so expensive

The analog mixer is old as hell, I partly made up the name cause I can't really read it (its written in like a wierd 70's font), its a 16 channel with both XLR and standard input for all channels, EQ and FXloop.
It works nice and I got it for 70 bucks.
We used it in rehearsals for vocals and whatever else that needs to go into a poweramp, and its used for everything that needs more then two mics (Acoustic guitars, drums, gang vocals) cause my Di box only has two inputs for standard guitar recording and DI tracks.
Its basically and extension of my soundcard, yes.
My condensers are T.Bone, Thomanns self-produced mics, I really like them since theyre really inexpensive but very good.
I mostly like the SC600 but the 400'er is also very nice.
I tend to use the 57's mostly, I like them a lot so im not really a condenser guy.
As stated its just a home studio, I don't have a collection of Neumanns here or something :D
The Nanoseries is for faders and drums programming (I got the mixer and the pad). Theyre just making everything a lot more comfortable for me and I like them.
I don't really got studio rack stuff, I don't like routing that shit, just use digital Plugs instead.
My rack is mainly my ENGL and its Poweramp aswell as my tuner.
I have a guitar multi that I sometimes use, but thats about it.

The analog mixer is old as hell, I partly made up the name cause I can't really read it (its written in like a wierd 70's font), its a 16 channel with both XLR and standard input for all channels, EQ and FXloop.
It works nice and I got it for 70 bucks.
We used it in rehearsals for vocals and whatever else that needs to go into a poweramp, and its used for everything that needs more then two mics (Acoustic guitars, drums, gang vocals) cause my Di box only has two inputs for standard guitar recording and DI tracks.
Its basically and extension of my soundcard, yes.
My condensers are T.Bone, Thomanns self-produced mics, I really like them since theyre really inexpensive but very good.
I mostly like the SC600 but the 400'er is also very nice.
I tend to use the 57's mostly, I like them a lot so im not really a condenser guy.
As stated its just a home studio, I don't have a collection of Neumanns here or something :D
The Nanoseries is for faders and drums programming (I got the mixer and the pad). Theyre just making everything a lot more comfortable for me and I like them.
I don't really got studio rack stuff, I don't like routing that shit, just use digital Plugs instead.
My rack is mainly my ENGL and its Poweramp aswell as my tuner.
I have a guitar multi that I sometimes use, but thats about it.

ok,
i start calling my room a studio too now :lol: !
you use sm57s for overheads and acoustic guitars?!?!?there aint something like condenser guy,you just need them for certain things..

PS:
t.bone condensers suck a fuck.

edit.
sorry bro,didnt want to sound arrogant but well.. nevermind

sorry bro,didnt want to sound arrogant but well.. nevermind

yes you did :p everyone that calls itself a producer is arrogant. Point in case. The Sneap forum, i learn a shit lot there, but everyone there are douches :p

>DURRHURRR I HAVE NEVER TRIED T-BONE BUT I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE ASS MIC SO THAT MEANS EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS

aw shut the fuck up little boy, I aint got no expensive mic but I'm renting some when I need some(In two years I will have spent more money on renting mics than I would have paid for a t.bone but yeah, I dont like t.bone mics) and I got some friend who often borrows me his mic collection which is awesome but far beyong my monthly income).
I got two t.bone and I dont like them(at least i didnt have to pay any shipping costs for that shit). And I dont know why you're complaining, do you record anything with mics and do you have any experiences with them? Sounds arrogant too but if you're working with such shit every day you gonna hear the differences. There are some exceptions but I never saw or heard a really good t.bone mic. And compared to some really good mics t.bones just suck.

yes you did :p everyone that calls itself a producer is arrogant. Point in case. The Sneap forum, i learn a shit lot there, but everyone there are douches :p
:( i know
But I'm not calling myself producer, I'm calling myself a musican which is the way more arrogant type :lol:

but yeah, everyone thinks hes the most awesome recording hero who could record anything, making it sound as the world best production.