COBOT: The Album [NEW THREAD]

yes you did :p everyone that calls itself a producer is arrogant. Point in case. The Sneap forum, i learn a shit lot there, but everyone there are douches :p
Fuck the Sneap forums.

Notorious for making everything sterile as all fuck. Sneap is a terrible producer.

POSTJUMPED BY ENSI

@Buttballs: ffs dude i haven't recieved any messages from you in like a week :p

Also, Sneap is NOT terrible, his production is just VERY standard for metal, nothing particularly interesting going on.

Im quite a lot in the sneap forums, not a fan of sneap though, but I try to keep quiet :D

I seriously think his productions are a bit lifeless, not what I would go for.

And you guys with the mics, I obviously don't use 57's exclusively, but all this "Ohhh gotta get 2000 dollar mic" stuff is just retarded.
You can do barely everything with a fuckin 57 if youre skilled at mix and master.
The ultra-little differences a mic makes are blasted by the production.
I nearaly exclusivly use digital stuff (Guitars, Drums and Orch. and reamp) so I don't bother with expensive mics or a real studio room.

And you guys with the mics, I obviously don't use 57's exclusively, but all this "Ohhh gotta get 2000 dollar mic" stuff is just retarded.
You can do barely everything with a fuckin 57 if youre skilled at mix and master.
everything = what?
Recording Guitars (amps)? Yeah, I agree. Recording an acoustic guitar? Might work, but I dont really dig that sound and I guess most of you wouldnt do so too.
And a mic doenst have to be expensive like that.Why do you think theres nothing between a t.bone and a 2k mic? I even used the ''cheap'' audiotechnica or se electronics mic series which were way better than most of the t.bones I used.
And IMO mixing and mastering skills are important but for me the quality of the recording has priority.

POSTJUMPED BY ENSI

@Buttballs: ffs dude i haven't recieved any messages from you in like a week :p

Also, Sneap is NOT terrible, his production is just VERY standard for metal, nothing particularly interesting going on.

Gimme a raw, organic-sounding album over the terrible cheap glossy-sounding fuckmetal that Sneap offers any day.

Also tbh, I completely forgot about checking my PM box :lol: Sorry bro

Nice one, sounds really MPEish ;) I can't do vocals but I could try to write lyrics if you want. Will take some time though.

Gimme a raw, organic-sounding album over the terrible cheap glossy-sounding fuckmetal that Sneap offers any day.

Also tbh, I completely forgot about checking my PM box :lol: Sorry bro

If I'm not mistaken Exodus worked with Andy Sneap in their Exhibit B, if that's cheap glossy-sounding I'd give my balls to sound cheap-glossy any day.

Here's my song: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7237064/epi_-_teh_metal_song1.mp3

It really needs some vocals and a cool name. Suggesstions are more than welcome. :D

*listens*

pretty cool, lots of nice rhythms and compostion

*MEGASWEEPS*

andy_samberg_jimp.gif

badass shit, epi

If I'm not mistaken Exodus worked with Andy Sneap in their Exhibit B, if that's cheap glossy-sounding I'd give my balls to sound cheap-glossy any day.

I like Exodus (Shovel Headed Kill Machine's one of my favorite thrash albums) but they've always sounded from a production standpoint, fucking horrible, IMO. :lol:

I was thinking more like early Scar Symmetry though... I'll try to write some lyrics soon, then you could combine with your or sth.