Collaboration... Jon Crosby of VAST and Mike of Opeth

we should also add paul mcartney because he is also talented and talented people always sound good together no matter what. Yes!

I've only got the song "Flames", and I absolutely love it. I haven't bothered to check anything else out though.

the_drip said:
wtf is Jon Crosby. I know Bill Cosby..he's a pretty successful comedian.

Jon Crosby is the madman behind this band. They are not metal, but have some hints of it. They just rock.

http://www.myspace.com/vast

Check 'em out. I am sure Mike has heard of them. I can see a "My Temptation" kind of song combined with "Closure" with a little "Dirty Hole".

I think that musically they have the same level of creativity, even though being in completely different genres.

I saw Jon & his band back in 98'
They were really good & played almost the entire 1st album
Great light show also !

Music for the People was a disappointment for me. Maybe cuz he set the bar so high on his 1st release. For whatever reason I could not get into this album.

Nude from a couple yrs ago was much better. He's obviously very talented & can play almost any instrument. He's also a pretty good songwriter.

'Flames' is also my favorite song of his. The emotion in that song is so strong.
'Lost & 'Don't Take Your Love Away' from nude are also great tracks, but like Mix said they are definitely not metal. I'd considered them emotional/techno/rock ???

opeth8 said:
The emotion in that song is so strong.
'Lost & 'Don't Take Your Love Away' from nude are also great tracks, but like Mix said they are definitely not metal. I'd considered them emotional/techno/rock ???

I think that is the true mark of music is if sticks with you to the soul. It is amazing how once you "get" Opeth, that their music has such an impact. VAST's music, especially the first album, do that for me as well.