Colours and Metal

This is the case for me with a lot of albums, but the color that is evoked is usually the dominant color on the album cover, so it could just be that :/

polarity said:
This is the case for me with a lot of albums, but the color that is evoked is usually the dominant color on the album cover, so it could just be that :/
Indeed. Same is the case with myself. For example, Sacramentum's Far Away From the Sun conjures up the deathly cold blues present on the cover.

Darkthrone sounds like dusty grayish gunmetal blue. And Deicide's 'Legion' sounds like the color of dried blood in a crusty little pool, to my humble ears (eyes?) anyways. That's the only ones I've actually thought of before. Hmm... the new N*Flames sounds kinda... teal. Or fuscia. Some Elton John color.

The two most vivid are a dull greyish-green for Burzum and sea blue/green for maudlin of the Well (though each song on their albums has a unique color to me).

I don't get colours, I get images and ideas. There are then colours, more tones really, in these images.

e.g. Arghoslent gives me images of archaic war scenes which are generally hazey earthy tones.

i don't think i've ever thought of colors when listening to music.

actually, when i listen to black metal it makes me think of black. i'm not sure why though. hmm...

misfit said:
I don't get colours, I get images and ideas. There are then colours, more tones really, in these images.
polarity said:
Same for me.

SAPFHIER - Under eternally grey skies

Upon listening to this album, I became enveloped in a greyish mist with heaps of rain falling down on me. Grey is all I see...

Somberlain said:
For example, Sacramentum's Far Away From the Sun conjures up the deathly cold blues present on the cover.
YES! For me too!

When I listen to Maiden's SSOASS, I get images of ice and blue textures. SIT gives me images of green, mostly circuitry. Powerslave gives me a distinctly sandy color. It's totally the album covers.

Albums whose covers I have not seen evoke no color. Or something neutral, like white, or in the case of country music, primer.