come to Church

Hmm... this fell back to page 4 on the Theocracy board. How sad.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great Christmas, wherever they are! It was amazing to go to one of my church's Christmas Eve services after a busy month trying to get ready for end of semester, Chanukah, AND Christmas. It was so lovely and uplifting!

And then the music at my other church on Christmas Eve was just so amazing. Violins and cellos and flutes and trumpets and pianos and voices and just so so uplifting.

So, how are the members of the church doing?

Hey PraetentusAnemos - thanks for rescuing this thread.

The church I've been getting paid to sing at this year had an impressive Christmas Eve service too with great music from a string trio, oboe, pipe organ and choir (with some sadly overenthusiastic and amazingly unmusical members!).

Even sadder, a female minister there has twice recently read from the Bible before preaching, and then proudly declared that she doesn't believe what it says. Admitting some would consider her a heretic, she thinks Jesus' miracles are exaggerations and that He's not coming back to earth again. I told a few church members that I do believe the Bible, and that I won't be coming back. Some of them seemed surprised - maybe I've been a valuable witness for God. Here's hoping.

So now, fellow International Metal Church Worldwide members, I would value your prayers as I seek a local church home. The only church I know which has true Bible teaching and good (old fashioned) music is 3.5 hours drive away. There must be something closer!

I hope you've all had a great Christmas. May God be glorified through us all in 2012!

she thinks Jesus' miracles are exaggerations and that He's not coming back to earth again.

Now that's one hopeless point of view if you ask me, what would you even live for? Aish!, I really hope you find a church that does admit the Bible is the truth.

@F&BT: It's a free world, and anyone can believe whatever they like. But why do so many unbelievers claim to be Christian and how is it possible for them to become ordained ministers?!?

@FTW: There's a few Bible believing churches nearby. It's just that I'm a professional musician and I can't stand wannabe pop stars inflicting Hillsong on me.

@F&BT: It's a free world, and anyone can believe whatever they like. But why do so many unbelievers claim to be Christian and how is it possible for them to become ordained ministers?!?.

Because the organization doing the ordaining is the same organization teaching them that the supernatural aspects of Christianity are untrue.

Hey PraetentusAnemos - thanks for rescuing this thread.

The church I've been getting paid to sing at this year had an impressive Christmas Eve service too with great music from a string trio, oboe, pipe organ and choir (with some sadly overenthusiastic and amazingly unmusical members!).

Even sadder, a female minister there has twice recently read from the Bible before preaching, and then proudly declared that she doesn't believe what it says. Admitting some would consider her a heretic, she thinks Jesus' miracles are exaggerations and that He's not coming back to earth again. I told a few church members that I do believe the Bible, and that I won't be coming back. Some of them seemed surprised - maybe I've been a valuable witness for God. Here's hoping.

So now, fellow International Metal Church Worldwide members, I would value your prayers as I seek a local church home. The only church I know which has true Bible teaching and good (old fashioned) music is 3.5 hours drive away. There must be something closer!

I hope you've all had a great Christmas. May God be glorified through us all in 2012!

If Jesus didn't do these miracles, then what authority would he have provided to the people? He showed his faith by his works. I'm sorry for that female minister.

Even sadder, a female minister there has twice recently read from the Bible before preaching, and then proudly declared that she doesn't believe what it says.

Just another reason why Paul said to never let a female behind the pulpit. :p

Just another reason why Paul said to never let a female behind the pulpit. :p

If people are going to disregard this part of the Bible, then they're going to disregard anything (and everything) else to suit themselves instead of creating their opinions from the Word of God.

I wish feminists weren't so insecure. Men and women are different and can and should do different things.

@ChosenNightwolf - you and your wife will be in my prayers. Cars are such necessary things nowadays, but quite expensive. God will lead you to the perfect car within your price range, though.

Now, about these Christians who don't actually believe parts of the Bible. I find this ridiculous because if you don't completely believe something, it is not the truth in your mind, so how can you believe it at all?

Anyways, I have a prayer request or two. First off, I need some big prayer for school. Being homeschooled and (hopefully) college and vet-school bound, I'm having to try to go through my town's city college in order to get my science labs. So I turned in my application over two weeks ago but haven't gotten an account to register online for classes yet and I'm kind of worried since the classes I need are hard to get into. Also, this next semester I'll be retaking the second semester of Algebra 2 and need prayer I get put into a textbook instead of an online program. I've tried the online courses for two different math classes and it's not working for me. :/

Next, my Saturday church is holding a prayer meeting/church revival thing in the beginning of January and trying to get other churches involved and make it non-denominational. Prayer for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the Christians in my town would be greatly appreciated.

God bless you all!

Note to those who were praying for my friend's horse:
The vets performed an emergency surgery today and found a tumor. Bama's been put to sleep.

Hey Prae, I"m sorry to hear your friend's vet news. May God bless your own veterinary aspirations!

I want to praise God for a couple of things: Firstly, my beautiful family of strays - 2 stray humans and 2 stray cats. We've been together about 14 years, and It's the most functional family I've ever known - each of us is a great blessing to the others. Secondly, Lucinda (one of my cats) was going to have her teeth removed today, but had some complications and almost died under anaesthetic. The vets were surprised that she even woke up - praise God for that miracle - but apparently she's suffering some serious heart disease and isn't expected to live long.

I'm praying that God will comfort my little girl and that her appetite will return so I can give her a pile of medications - always very challenging! - and I would be blessed if anyone else in the Metal Church could remember my Lucinda in prayer.

Thanks guys.

Hey Prae, I"m sorry to hear your friend's vet news. May God bless your own veterinary aspirations!

I want to praise God for a couple of things: Firstly, my beautiful family of strays - 2 stray humans and 2 stray cats. We've been together about 14 years, and It's the most functional family I've ever known - each of us is a great blessing to the others. Secondly, Lucinda (one of my cats) was going to have her teeth removed today, but had some complications and almost died under anaesthetic. The vets were surprised that she even woke up - praise God for that miracle - but apparently she's suffering some serious heart disease and isn't expected to live long.

I'm praying that God will comfort my little girl and that her appetite will return so I can give her a pile of medications - always very challenging! - and I would be blessed if anyone else in the Metal Church could remember my Lucinda in prayer.

Thanks guys.

Consider your family prayed for :cool:

Thanks Trinitial.

Lucinda's medications were making her vomit bloody mucus, so I stopped forcing them down her throat, and praise God, she's started eating again today!!

Now I'm praying for God's provision to pay all the vet bills!!!

Really sorry to hear that, Aish. My wife and I are both big cat people, and we've lost several over the years. so I feel for you. It's a great thing that you were able to take her in and give her a good life - few strays ever get that chance. God bless you for doing that.