Comic Book Dorks Unite!

For me lately ive only been buying Boom Disney comics Uncle Scrooge Ducktales,Darkwing Duck,and Rescue Rangers. I just can't let go of my childhood i guess. On an unrelated note I also still buy The Simpsons Comics

didn't realize any of these were still being made o_O

Kaboom comics brought them all back to life in 2011,and they are really good if you love the old cartoons. the place i get my comics i have darkwing,and ducktales on hold for me every month,and they tell me when i pick it up that they always sell out of them every month so they have up their order

I'm not a huge Image Comics fan, but I'm collecting Nancy in Hell right now and it's very LOL-worthy. It started out as a simple 4-issue story, but now they're on to part 2.

MJUL100452.JPG

Basically.. girl from 1985 dies and goes to hell, then tries to break out.

don't know if you guys know but soon there will be a Dr.Who,Star Trek the Next Generation Crossover mini series coming out. Which reminds me of the 6 issue X-Files/30 Days of Night series that was really good

This movie comes out soon, courtesy of Morgan Spurlock. I hope it's fun!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/comic_con_episode_iv_a_fans_hope/Ken
this looks like it could be awesome
Speaking of comics in media, Zenescope Entertainment is teaming up with Titmouse Studios to Kickstart a Grimm's Fairy Tales animated series. Not a fan of GFT, but I might support to support Titmouse (The studio behind most of Adult Swim's original content.)http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/212378023/grimm-fairy-tales-animated-series
this looks like it could be sorta cool
Kaboom comics brought them all back to life in 2011,and they are really good if you love the old cartoons. the place i get my comics i have darkwing,and ducktales on hold for me every month,and they tell me when i pick it up that they always sell out of them every month so they have up their order
i remember someone else mentioning a Darkwing comic, sounds like it could be cool, i'd love to see a Gizmo Duck comic though
I'm not a huge Image Comics fan, but I'm collecting Nancy in Hell right now and it's very LOL-worthy. It started out as a simple 4-issue story, but now they're on to part 2.
MJUL100452.JPG
Basically.. girl from 1985 dies and goes to hell, then tries to break out.
i love the comic image comic called invincible
don't know if you guys know but soon there will be a Dr.Who,Star Trek the Next Generation Crossover mini series coming out. Which reminds me of the 6 issue X-Files/30 Days of Night series that was really good
doctor who/startrek tng crossover? wow, makes me think of that X-men/startrek tng crossover called "planet X"

Since last post I've picked up

Legion of Super-Heroes 1-7 (The "New 52" series)
Legion Lost 1-7
Legion Secret Origin 1-5 which has been an entertaining different perspective on the origins of the Legion of Super Heroes.
and picking up some missing issues of the 2010 version of LSH comics with 1,2,6 and 12
Oh and one I'm looking forward to reading since I'm a Trekkie fan is the Star Trek/Legion of Super Heroes Crossover series. It was a 6 issue crossover collaberations between IDW and DC Comics, which I'm a little behind the times since I didnt know anything about it till I saw Issue #6 in the stores. Going to have to try to find Issues 1-5...looks like I'll be scouring the likes of Ebay. :Spin:

4f6b0715c9d13-1.jpg

Just got back from the first day of C2E2 ( huge hicago comic con). What a bust. At every con I have gone to in the past 12 years...I have come out with at least 20 - 30 trade papperbacks or more. Usually only spending under 400 bucks. Today I only got 5 books at about 70 bucks. It is funny...at a comic con there is a lack of actual comic book dealers. It is more pop culture stuff more than anything else.

Picked up the new Thunderbolts / Secret Avengers / Inncoruptable / Hercules and Astro City trades.

C2E2 was a bust. Lack of comic book dealers at a comic based convention really blew. Only 2 booths with 50% off trades and they had just old stuff. Usually I clean house and get about 30 trades. THe rest of the con was all clothes / jewelry / toys / and knick nacks. Out of 12 years of conventions this was the worst one I have been to.

The only high notes were getting to talk to Dan Slott, one of my favorite writers. It was a nice little chat about some characters that dont get much use and other things. He seemed very happy not to have to talk about current Spider-Man stuff. He was very humble and excited.

Also DotCom from 30 Rock was there doing free pictures / autographs all 3 days. He was there just having fun talking and meeting people. Nice to see.

It seems that no one had any new stuff that came out recently in trades / hardcovers. If they did it was 10 - 20% off only. Amazon is cheaper. The reason I go to conventions is to get books cheap. Too bad. I look forward every year to this and this one was a huge let down.

I picked up a few used trades last weekend.

Iron Man: Armor Wars II tp - kind of a lame story, but I love the Romita Jr. "ugly Lego people" artwork.
Iron Man: Director of SHEILD - Hunted tp
Justice League America vol. 2 HC - the '90s Grant Morrison reboot.

I picked up a few used trades last weekend.

Iron Man: Armor Wars II tp - kind of a lame story, but I love the Romita Jr. "ugly Lego people" artwork.
Iron Man: Director of SHEILD - Hunted tp
Justice League America vol. 2 HC - the '90s Grant Morrison reboot.

i like earth 616 ironman but ultimate ironman just looks weird to me

romita jrs art was cool but i also like romita srs art

i loved the justice league graphic novel "identity crisis" by brad meltzer, because it was amazingly self-contained enough for hardcore marvel fans to read, and at the same time it explained a bunch of things that had previously been confusing to the hardcore "justice league" comic fans, and rags morales' art was really freaking awesome

I got a review copy of the New 52 Animal Man trade and holy smokes is it good. It has much more of a modern horror/urban fantasy approach, which works very well with the completely creepy artwork.

I also got:

Stormwatch vol. 1 HC
Irredeemable vol. 8 TP
Ultimate Comics X-Men vol. 1 HC
Thor Ultimate Collection TP (the Kieron whatshisname run)

I love comics!

I got a review copy of the New 52 Animal Man trade and holy smokes is it good. It has much more of a modern horror/urban fantasy approach, which works very well with the completely creepy artwork.

I started Animal Man at #1, but ignored Swamp Thing because, well, I figured how good could a book about a big green slimy thing be? Then I saw Swamp Thing getting really good reviews, and that it involved the same background as Animal Man, with The Rot. So I tried it out, and now Animal Man and Swamp Thing are two of my favorite DC books.

On the non-DC / Marvel front, I've read the first three trades of Chew, and they're great. It's set where the bird flu wiped out a good portion of the population, so chicken is now outlawed, and the FDA is the largest law enforcement agency in the world. The main character can learn the history of anything he eats, so he gets to eat a lot of disgusting stuff during his investigations! And if that's not enough, there are vampires and an alien plant involved. Nice!

Ken

I also got:

Stormwatch vol. 1 HC
Irredeemable vol. 8 TP
Ultimate Comics X-Men vol. 1 HC
Thor Ultimate Collection TP (the Kieron whatshisname run)

I love comics!

I started Animal Man at #1, but ignored Swamp Thing because, well, I figured how good could a book about a big green slimy thing be? Then I saw Swamp Thing getting really good reviews, and that it involved the same background as Animal Man, with The Rot. So I tried it out, and now Animal Man and Swamp Thing are two of my favorite DC books.

On the non-DC / Marvel front, I've read the first three trades of Chew, and they're great. It's set where the bird flu wiped out a good portion of the population, so chicken is now outlawed, and the FDA is the largest law enforcement agency in the world. The main character can learn the history of anything he eats, so he gets to eat a lot of disgusting stuff during his investigations! And if that's not enough, there are vampires and an alien plant involved. Nice!

Ken

interesting
i got to read more
but i've busy with my life