Comic Book Dorks Unite!

51KSY3hTjYL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I gave this series a try, but it's just not doing anything for me. It mostly just reminded me that there should have been more Fell stories by Warren Ellis.

I have recently picked up quite a few trades. Mostly I am replacing single issues from my childhood but I have also discovered some new stuff.
Batman-Arkham Asylum
Batman-A Death in the Family
Batman-Year One
Batman-The Dark Knight Returns
Batman-The Dark Knight Strikes Again
Batman-Birth of the Demon
Batman-Killing Joke
Batman-The Long Halloween
Batman-Dark Victory
Invincible-Ultimate Collection Vol. 7
Scalped Vols. 6 and 7
Irredeemable Vols. 1 and 2
Ex Machina Vols. 1-3
Kingdom Come
Infinity Gauntlet
Spawn-Angela's Hunt
Fear Agent Vol. 6
Uncanny X Force-Deathlok Nation

I've been pretty busy. Next on the agenda is checking out the new Swamp Thing trade, finishing Scalped and beginning to replace my Hellboy and Goon series with trades.

Does anyone know a good resource for finding out when the newest trades and graphic novels are coming out?

I usually just keep an eye on my recommendations on Amazon. Once you put a few upcoming trades in your cart or wish list, they're pretty good about recommending similar titles released about that time.

That's what I have been doing. I guess between that and reading this thread, I should be aware of what is going on. I am just through with the single issue format so there will be a waiting period for me to read the new stuff.

Yes. I'm reading:

Animal Man
Batgirl
Batwoman
Static Shock (cancelled)
Blue Beetle
Justice League International
Wonder Woman
World's Finest: Huntress and Power Girl

..I really gotta cut back.

are these as good as what DC was making right before the Re-Boot??

are these as good as what DC was making right before the Re-Boot??

I wouldn't say that, but Animal Man is definitely great. I wasn't reading/hearing much about him before the reboot, so I'm not sure where he was at, but his new series is so fantastic it's almost worth the cancellation of my favorite comic (Booster Gold...).

I wouldn't say that, but Animal Man is definitely great. I wasn't reading/hearing much about him before the reboot, so I'm not sure where he was at, but his new series is so fantastic it's almost worth the cancellation of my favorite comic (Booster Gold...).

Booster Gold got cancelled?!?!
why?? why didn't they just re-boot him just like they re-booted all the other characters??

also
for more info on Animal Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Man_(comic_book)

I have recently picked up quite a few trades. Mostly I am replacing single issues from my childhood but I have also discovered some new stuff.
Batman-Arkham Asylum
Batman-A Death in the Family
Batman-Year One
Batman-The Dark Knight Returns
Batman-The Dark Knight Strikes Again
Batman-Birth of the Demon
Batman-Killing Joke
Batman-The Long Halloween
Batman-Dark Victory
Invincible-Ultimate Collection Vol. 7
Scalped Vols. 6 and 7
Irredeemable Vols. 1 and 2
Ex Machina Vols. 1-3
Kingdom Come
Infinity Gauntlet
Spawn-Angela's Hunt
Fear Agent Vol. 6
Uncanny X Force-Deathlok Nation

I've been pretty busy. Next on the agenda is checking out the new Swamp Thing trade, finishing Scalped and beginning to replace my Hellboy and Goon series with trades.

i have a Batsymbol tattooed on my arm
nice to see another Batman-comic-fan here, cuz usually when people see the batsymbol on my arm they just make some comment on how good/bad the Batman Movies were, even though they've never even read a single batman comic, and sometimes with the older people, they think of the old Adam West show where they actually bust-out-laughing when they see my tattoo, which is really annoying

They put him in Justice League International. It's okay, not as good as his solo comic.

aahh
i mis-understood
i thought you were saying that booster gold was completely absent from re-booted universe

i'm and idiot :lol:

he might get a solo comic later
if the booster gold fans demand it

i have a Batsymbol tattooed on my arm
nice to see another Batman-comic-fan here, cuz usually when people see the batsymbol on my arm they just make some comment on how good/bad the Batman Movies were, even though they've never even read a single batman comic, and sometimes with the older people, they think of the old Adam West show where they actually bust-out-laughing when they see my tattoo, which is really annoying

Batman has always had some of the best comic stories to me. I like that he is a dark character and that they weave mystery into his stories. People are really missing out if their only knowledge of Batman is from the films.

anyone here reading the re-booted DCU???

Yup. I am reading

All-Star Western
Aquaman
Animal Man
Batman
The Flash
Justice League
Resurrection Man
Swamp Thing
Wonder Woman

On the other current topic about trades vs single issues, I'm preferring single issues for the superhero stuff, but trades for stories that are more supernatural / horror or more "serious".

You know, all of us going to ProgPower should agree on a publisher we all like and get a picture of everyone together holding up recent issues - maybe we can get our picture into one of those letter pages in the backs of some books and get the fest some extra publicity in the process. :cool:

Ken