Comics!

the way brie talks about the girl-power of the movie, it sounds like she was the fucking writer and/or director
even though the way disney is making these MCU movies, the no fucking way in hell brie herself could have had any control over content of the movie at all whatsoever

It's obvious she had little control because she's acting as if Captain Marvel is some big important character when in reality she's a c-list character who has struggled to take off in the comics, seems like every other day she has a new no. 1 etc. Marvel desperately want to ride the wave of Wonder Woman but Marvel never really made an a-list female superhero like DC did so they're grasping at straws.

I bet Brie doesn't even know that her character will soon be in a coma.

what i meant was the way all the movies are tied together
you're prolly gonna have huge chunks of avengers 4 that won't completely make sense unless you've seen certain scenes in Captain Marvel, this has got to be the reason why Carol Danvers got her own fucking movie PRIOR to black widow getting her solo movie

think about how they didn't fire James Gunn from being DIRECTOR of gaurdians vol 3 untill AFTER he'd finished the script where they've painted themselves into a corner, the movies are so completely interconnected that they will absolutely HAVE to use Gunn's script in order for the MCU movies to continue to make sense
https://www.google.com/search?q=jam.....69i57j0l5.8588j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

what i meant was the way all the movies are tied together
you're prolly gonna have huge chunks of avengers 4 that won't completely make sense unless you've seen certain scenes in Captain Marvel, this has got to be the reason why Carol Danvers got her own fucking movie PRIOR to black widow getting her solo movie

You're putting the cart before the horse. They didn't need a Captain Marvel movie, that's not why she got her own solo film before Black Widow, they could've just as easily not put a film between the Avengers films, but they did so and added scenes to make the following film complete to legitimize a Captain Marvel film. It could've been literally any other character with some Avengers 4 sprinkled throughout.

Marvel are doing everything they can think of to make Captain Marvel an important character when she's just not. Assuming that her film was made because she's important to the MCU is falling for their gimmick, when in reality they wanted a female-lead blockbuster to compete with Wonder Woman, saw that zero female Marvel characters have name recognition anywhere near the level of Wonder Woman, so they're pulling Captain Marvel out of their asses because at least their company's name is contained within her name and that adds to her name recognition.

They just added all that MCU plot shit to make the movie relevant.

Marvel are doing everything they can think of to make Captain Marvel an important character when she's just not. Assuming that her film was made because she's important to the MCU is falling for their gimmick, when in reality they wanted a female-lead blockbuster to compete with Wonder Woman, saw that zero female Marvel characters have name recognition anywhere near the level of Wonder Woman, so they're pulling Captain Marvel out of their asses because at least their company's name is contained within her name and that adds to her name recognition.
fans have been asking for a movie titled "black widow" for a very very long time
straight guys and lesbians are in lust with the black widow character (not merely the actress playing her) and black widow is also a character people love on a non-sexual way
in fact
a lot of the people that are pissed off about the captain marvel movie are really just mostly pissed off about Carol danvers getting her movie before black widow gets a solo movie

I disagree, they're pissed off for a multitude of reasons and Black Widow being delayed is hardly the main reason or even one I hear brought up that often. That said it does suck balls that Black Widow doesn't have a film yet, for me she's one of the few genuinely interesting characters in this whole MCU mess.

Dude how dense are you? The main legit money-making reason to give her a movie before anybody or at all is to try and cash in on the current pop feminism trend which lead to Wonder Woman having an insanely successful film that Marvel now wants to replicate. Stop with this fanboy shit, you're missing the forest for the trees. Black Widow is a normal mortal woman, her solo film wouldn't be equal to Wonder Woman, Marvel wants something equivalent to an unbeatable female feminist icon.

Even an A-Force film would just be a further cash in on this trend, since it would be an all-female comic book film.

my fanboy shit was basically just this
they missed a chance to make bank
if they'd just made a black widow movie immediately after (or even before) wonder-woman hit theaters
the black widow movie would have made bank (perhaps even more than it is going to make now)
they didn't even greenlight a black widow movie until after they started principal photography on Captain Marvel

it just makes no financial sense for the studio to just sit there and not make a black widow movie
at one point during principal photography of the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie
someone working on the movie leaked that The Gaurdians movie being made was a "straight-up, flat-out, INSTEAD OF a black widow movie" and Guardians got a sequel-release-date announced a whole freaking week before anyone actually even saw the first movie

You mean the DC stuff? Well yeah, that's their only competitor and holy shit are they having trouble getting their DCU together after the Nolan-era Batman films. But Marvel are still desperate to emulate Wonder Woman's success.

Disagree, thought it pretty much stunk. I preferred BvS: Dawn of Justice.

I thought Affleck's Batman was fucking awesome, the way he fought enemies tactically, used a voice amplifier to hide his voice rather than growling spastically like Bale did. A shame nothing seems to have panned out for Affleck to do his solo Batman film, I think it would have probably been quite cool.

I still haven't seen Justice League or Aquaman yet though.

wonderwoman better than anything else in DC movies
i actually meant in terms of box office
it broke box office records
did better than the other DCU movies
i can't say i liked more or less than the other movies because i didn't actually see wonderwoman
i saw Aquaman it was actually pretty good