Comics!

Speaking of black female heroes, I always wanted a solo Storm movie.
i'm enough of a superhero dork that i was actually thinking a Storm solo movie would be kinda cool before they actually started making X-men movies

Ahem, I've heard of her. Used to read The Mighty Avengers series when she was in it.
yeah
but in terms of people that actually knew who the character was i think way the fuck more people Knew carol danvers before they new monica rambeau

anyway, shoving rambeau in this captain marvel movie is prolly the reason Carol Danvers got a solo movie before black widdow

it's just some fucking SJW bullcrap
like how shoving black panther into civil war BEFORE black panther solo movie made both movies way the fuck more money that either movie would have made if the black panther solo movie had been black panther's first movie appearance
"look at us, we're not racist, we're shoving this black dude into the civil war movie instead of making spiderman the main character the way he was in the civil war comic"
then with captain marvel it was "look at us we're not sexist, we're making a female the main protagonist of a superhero movie, and it's NOT even gonna be the female that all the straight guys and lesbians are in lust with!!"

so making a monica Rambeau movie is the pretty clearly the next step
a main protagonist that"s both black AND female!!
seriously wouldn't be surprised if casting for adult rambeau has secretly already happened
pre-production for rambeau solo movie should be starting any minute

58622753_10157086133249424_8083020278025682944_n.jpg

Doing my part.

Reactions: CiG
I decided to back a comic in the making on Indiegogo called Longharbor, a Lovecraftian ocean horror with nods to The Thing and Alien, conceived of and drawn by a guy who was once a diver for a maritime archaeological company and he got into drawing and sketching because in his job he had to draw images of items they couldn't lift out of the ocean while diving. Went with the basic $30 tier.

Looks pretty damn amazing:

View attachment 19040

View attachment 19041

View attachment 19042

View attachment 19043

View attachment 19044

View attachment 19045

@Einherjar86 you might be interested in Longharbor. Lovecraftian maritime horror.

Reactions: Einherjar86
The new Batwoman stuff is just her being a token lesbian with hardly any character beyond that, Harley Quinn has given an entire soliloquy to a random male character about talking about her ass, Batgirl is now a Brooklyn hipster, etc.
H.P. Nostradamus nailed it here. A lot of people(including myself) felt like you did and pretty much stepped away from the industry. It's pretty much a big part of why the whole Comicsgate thing happened/is happening. I love watching Richard Meyer(Diversity and Comics) decimate some of those shitty writers and artists

wow the wikipage for Comisgate is so cringey and one sided, it's like Mark Waid himself wrote it.

Last edited:
I went to a store's big bargain bin blowout sale today. Spent 4 hours going through thousands of comics for 50 cents a book. Came away with stuff I was looking for. This cut down a nice portion of the back issue list I have.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
yeah
but in terms of people that actually knew who the character was i think way the fuck more people Knew carol danvers before they new monica rambeau

anyway, shoving rambeau in this captain marvel movie is prolly the reason Carol Danvers got a solo movie before black widdow

it's just some fucking SJW bullcrap
like how shoving black panther into civil war BEFORE black panther solo movie made both movies way the fuck more money that either movie would have made if the black panther solo movie had been black panther's first movie appearance
"look at us, we're not racist, we're shoving this black dude into the civil war movie instead of making spiderman the main character the way he was in the civil war comic"
then with captain marvel it was "look at us we're not sexist, we're making a female the main protagonist of a superhero movie, and it's NOT even gonna be the female that all the straight guys and lesbians are in lust with!!"

so making a monica Rambeau movie is the pretty clearly the next step
a main protagonist that"s both black AND female!!
seriously wouldn't be surprised if casting for adult rambeau has secretly already happened
pre-production for rambeau solo movie should be starting any minute
damm you SJWs needing to shove a character that's both black and female into our faces

monica rambeau will apear in the the new wandavision show

wandavision monica rambeau - Google Search

I went to a store's big bargain bin blowout sale today. Spent 4 hours going through thousands of comics for 50 cents a book. Came away with stuff I was looking for. This cut down a nice portion of the back issue list I have.
what did you pick up?

this weeks haul...
qicIa0L.jpg

X5mum14.jpg

9mGH1Ng.jpg

man im totally digging the Immortal variant wraparound covers marvel is using for this month. Was so excited to see a Dale Keown piece!

KyK9qCF.jpg

ygQ8MQk.jpg

Alterna Comics has quickly become my new favorite publisher. They put out books for everyone, everything is basically creator owned and their books are printed on the same newspaper stock that was used when i was younger. Really love what they're doing. Here are a few i picked up last week...
jO978bK.jpg

And i was so excited to see that Jason Aaron(one of my favorite writers) had started a Conan run. Check out these sweet sweet covers ....
q3R3Xbx.jpg

what did you pick up?

And i was so excited to see that Jason Aaron(one of my favorite writers) had started a Conan run. Check out these sweet sweet covers ....
q3R3Xbx.jpg

I buy the Conan series so I knew about Jason Aaron being on the book.

As for what I picked up at the big sale, it was a bunch of older titles that I've been trying to collect. I got issues of All-Star Squadron, Micronauts, The Warlord, Batman and the Outsiders and Sgt. Rock. Still need to get more but don't know if I'm going to make it back to the sale before it ends.

nice. i scored a giant lot of Dr Strange(50+ books) and Uncanny X-men/X-men vs Inhumans(40+ books) for $25 on Offerup. All from the last few years.

I buy the Conan series so I knew about Jason Aaron being on the book.
isn't it a new series/run that he started? Most of the Conan books when i was younger weren't even published by Marvel, they were from Dark Horse.

EDIT: im tripping, the the Conan comics from when i was younger were mostly marvel i think, the Dark Horse books were when i started collecting again back in '08 or something

Last edited:
isn't it a new series/run that he started? Most of the Conan books when i was younger weren't even published by Marvel, they were from Dark Horse.

EDIT: im tripping, the the Conan comics from when i was younger were mostly marvel i think, the Dark Horse books were when i started collecting again back in '08 or something

Yes, the original Conan comics were done by Marvel. Then there was the Dark Horse years and now they are back with Marvel again.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity