Comics!

I haven't read that story in a long time but I did read it long before the movies were a possibility.
yeah
but after X-2 was based on god loves man kills
they did a re-print with brand new stuff in the back
brand-new interviews with claremont where claremont talks about the X-2 movie and stuff

am i the only person here who thinks the X-Men movies are way better than the MCU movies? I went back and watched a few of those marvel films again in the last few days and didnt enjoy them much. I dont like how they've changed up huge chunks of the stories and even characters in order to please certain people.

but if you binge-watch all the X-men movies.......
you'll notice that every movie contradicts each other movie before first class
then first class looks like a complete re-boot
and then days of future past is like "no, first class wasn't a re-boot at all and all these contradictory movies are somehow all one single movie universe"

Last edited:
More stuff from last weeks haul ...
UYjo6rl.jpg

l2LKHtj.jpg

lb7lzMx.jpg

Pp8PpDY.jpg

yea man it's only 5 issues in so far but i picked up most of 'em earlier today when i stopped by(ill post picks later), but i cant find issue #1 anywhere so i havent got started yet. Had 2-3 guys at the shop already recommend it to me and they know exactly what i like. Supposedly its a very dark and violent take on the Avengers. Oh they're integrating Conan into the marvel universe with that series ... and form what ive heard they've handled it rather well .. which is not something i would have expected tbh.

Reactions: CiG
btw my three favorite pieces from those covers would have to be...

#1 Spawn 300 J Scott Campbell variant
#2 Venom 17 Sunghan Yune variant here is a better look
#3 Savage Avengers 5 Mike Deadato

2 and 3 can switch around though, both are fucking killer pieces of art but Campbells pieces are just godly imo.

Not digging the weird/unique artwork for Silver Surfer Black but its by far one of the best SS series i've read.

had a few back issues(Savage Avengers and Conan books) in this weeks haul ...
yyZ4Nq3.jpg

@CiG both of these variant covers are also done by Mike Deadato
DvWuDhB.jpg

hxx8c1f.jpg

D7aISvH.jpg

wSCdFws.jpg

rzxE2mN.jpg

mBtRhWm.jpg

3SPROVb.jpg

lxoVDlC.jpg

0XlyKkd.jpg

...a sweet variant cover of one of my favorite characters. Had to have it.

And a few more Alterna books ...
IzbJebv.jpg

gonna buy a bunch of these Alterna books and pass them out to kids on Halloween.

And now, for my favorite covers of the week ...
fkPYo96.jpg

i mean what can i say, these two pieces are just plain gorgeous. I might even get them slabbed and display them just because they're wraparounds ...
VENOM
DR. DOOM

For this month they've been doing the whole Immortal variants for all of their books. It's basically their regular faces morphing into their superhero/villain ones .. i think. I know it was inspired by a cover from one of the Immortal Hulk(one of the best books out right now) issues ....
STL114216

here are a few more ...
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjEvMDg1L29yaWdpbmFsL1BVTjIwMTgwMTVfR1VJQ0UuanBn

232033_1335735_3.jpg

HULK_1024x1024.jpg

STL130579.jpg

there are a few more but i dont think they're worth posting lol

They're pretty fucking great.
yea they're both very good books.

My favorite Batman runs/books would probably still have to be Loeb's The Long Halloween and Dark Victory, Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum and Frank Millers Year One is up there too.

And as @H.P. Lovecraft said, the man is a fucking legend and one of the greatest writers the industry has ever seen.

I went to a one day show yesterday but ended up mostly disappointed. The show seemed to have much more in the way of people selling toys and other stuff that wasn't comics.

Those that were selling comics didn't have much that interested me. One guy had a lot of books that I would've liked to get from two titles I'm currently trying to collect. Unfortunately, he wanted 5 bucks a book and I'm sorry neither title is worth that kind of money to me.

I went to a one day show yesterday but ended up mostly disappointed. The show seemed to have much more in the way of people selling toys and other stuff that wasn't comics.
Sadly this seems like a trend that'd been going on for a while now. From what ive heard the biggest comic cons have turned into basically a showcase for all kinds of pop media and the actual comic books seem to have taken the back seat. I remember when i used to subscribe to wizard. Slowly it started turning into a magazine about toys, shows and all kinds of other stuff based off pop media. I remember when they finally decided to pull out the price guide from their magazine, i called them and cancelled my subscription.

Havent been to a show since i was a kid but i definitely wanna check out the upcoming LA Comic Con. I just hope i run into more authors/artist and booths with books than full grown men and women dressed like fairy's and super mario or something.

Sadly this seems like a trend that'd been going on for a while now. From what ive heard the biggest comic cons have turned into basically a showcase for all kinds of pop media and the actual comic books seem to have taken the back seat. I remember when i used to subscribe to wizard. Slowly it started turning into a magazine about toys, shows and all kinds of other stuff based off pop media. I remember when they finally decided to pull out the price guide from their magazine, i called them and cancelled my subscription.

Havent been to a show since i was a kid but i definitely wanna check out the upcoming LA Comic Con. I just hope i run into more authors/artist and booths with books than full grown men and women dressed like fairy's and super mario or something.

Yes, the big shows are more geared towards anything but comic books these days. I don't have too much of an issue with that because I do like to meet the celebrities I like that show up to these things. But I spend a lot of time in Artist's Alley as well and always leave with a graphic novel or something from an indy artist. Or having gotten some important issue from my collection signed by someone who wrote or drew the issue. I don't go to those shows expecting great comic book finds anyway

But the show I went to doesn't have media guests. It is kind of a mom and pop show at an Elks hall. This type of show is supposed to be geared towards comics AND toys but I just felt it was mostly toys this time. And the people selling comics (even the ones who own stores!) trying to pawn off stuff that is mostly going to sit in the boxes for years for $5 an issue is just silly to me. The one guy that had at least 20 issues of Sgt. Rock that I was looking for apparently thinks they are super valuable or something. But considering I got at least 30 issues at the bargain bin blowout sale I mentioned before at 50 cents an issue, there's no way I was going to buy anything from the $5 seller.