XQTKnzR.jpg

OgocN7V.jpg

VLdZuSL.jpg

QN2vOm6.jpg

a sweet Mike Huddelston variant cover of House of X #6
kgPVkTK.jpg

1YeNzKO.jpg

cdQ7DLh.jpg

I can't offer any advice on Y The Last Man or Saga since I haven't read either of the series.

Went to a comic shop's anniversary sale today. They had their back issues at 65% off. I didn't spend a lot of money because well, bills need to be paid. But I did pick up a few books, some Sgt. Rock, an Unknown Soldier, 2 Vigilante issues and some Richie Rich Vault of Mystery comics. Spent 28 bucks overall. There's a lot more I would've gotten but I haven't won the lottery as yet.

@TageRyche Most shops will be having huge sales nest saturday for Halloween Comic Fest. Most places are offering 35-50%. I already get a 25% discount on everything i buy form my main shop but im still gonna take advantage of that sale. My shop will also be having a "20 books for $4' deal that i will also jump on.

@TageRyche Most shops will be having huge sales nest saturday for Halloween Comic Fest. Most places are offering 35-50%. I already get a 25% discount on everything i buy form my main shop but im still gonna take advantage of that sale. My shop will also be having a "20 books for $4' deal that i will also jump on.

I've ordered a bunch of the Halloween Comic Fest titles to give out at my door along with the candy on Halloween.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I've ordered a bunch of the Halloween Comic Fest titles to give out at my door along with the candy on Halloween.
nice! I wanted to do the same thing and get a bunch of trick or treat bundle bags form Alterna(they do this thing called Alternaween) but they sold out quick. I was thinking of just picking up a bunch of their books and giving those out at the door along with candy. Where did you order them from btw and how much it cost you?

nice! I wanted to do the same thing and get a bunch of trick or treat bundle bags form Alterna(they do this thing called Alternaween) but they sold out quick. I was thinking of just picking up a bunch of their books and giving those out at the door along with candy. Where did you order them from btw and how much it cost you?

I just order them through my local shop, I do the same thing on Free Comic Book Day as well, and they charge me their cost. I should be getting the books this week and I think I spent about 35 bucks on say 140 comics or so.

Okay it got to the part where he hangs up customer art in his store to make the kids feel good, maybe he's not such a douche. :lol:

Edit: Hell yeah I love Kelley Jones' art.
haha yeah i love his Batman, one of my favorites actually. But Glenn and a few the guys shit on him from what i remember.

edit: yeah sometimes the owner can be a big time douche but he seems like an overall okay guy

Reactions: CiG
He's definitely a character which is cool, better than being some phony fuck that has no opinions of his own. That was a really cool little mini-documentary, I'll definitely watch some of the follow-up videos and see what's up. Wish I had a passionate local indie shop like that.

I LOVED the story about the guy trying to haggle with him over a Spidey book he was asking $100 for and after the customer low-balled him a bunch of times he just rips the book up in front of the guy and tells him to beat it lmfao. :lol:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity