Comments on some recent stuff . . .

Thanatopsis123 said:
Oh, and has anybody heard the new Psycroptic? Thoughts?

Only what I heard of it live. You can pretty much expect more of the same. Some groovy riffs, face-melting technicality, etc. The new vocalist doesn't have the same silly style as Chalky, but I really enjoyed the sporadic changes in vocal styles, so I find the new stuff pretty bland by comparison.

LC suck. i have one of their albums. couldnt even tell you the name of it. it's just so dumb.

I know they're not a board favourite but the new Cult of Luna "Somewhere along the highway" is good , maybe not great but good. Time will tell.

People should check out Satyricon's "Now, Diabolical". It's a surprisingly fun listen, and sort of reminds me of Darkthrone's "The Cult Is Alive" (top notch album) in a way, in that it's groovy, black & rollish kickassness.

I'd also like to give props to these 2006 releases:

Belenos - Chants de Bataille
Benighted - Identisick
Bloodthorn - Genocide
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis (although it pales in comparison with "Nihility", it's about 10 steps up from the lacklustre "The Negation)
Lust Of Decay - Purity Through Dismemberment
Abysmal Torment - Epoch Of Methodic Carnage
Dismember - The God That Never Was

Not sure how I feel about Psycroptic's "Symbols Of Failure", Krisiun's "Assassination" and Saprogenic's "Ichneumonid" yet

Henrik Main said:
People should check out Satyricon's "Now, Diabolical". It's a surprisingly fun listen, and sort of reminds me of Darkthrone's "The Cult Is Alive" (top notch album) in a way, in that it's groovy, black & rollish kickassness.
you know it's kinda surprising but the three or so songs i've heard really do not suck at all, especially not "to the mountains" which i enjoy more than most stuff on the new darkthrone

Kool shit! I'd check out the entire album if I were you. Definitely a lot better than "Volcano" and "Rebel Extravaganza". Not a groundbreaking release, of course, but decent shit

to the mountains: 8 minutes, no rokk riffs, and fucking trombone or whatever it is... some orchestral stuff anyway = good epic fuckin song

didn't download that song but some people said it's the "fuel for hatred" (i.e. HIT SINGLE) of the new album so i'm kinda avoiding it

Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis (although it pales in comparison with "Nihility", it's about 10 steps up from the lacklustre "The Negation)

you know, I kinda like the new one, but half the disc is very flat in some ways. songs really don't stand out ... there are a few that do ... but overall, I am not sure what to make of it.

lizard said:
if Scabs wasn't hot, they wouldn't be noticed at all.
i dont even think shes hot. big ol' horse head
i wouldnt even notice her in real life. ok, maybe i'd notice but i'd be like, "that chick has a big horse head."