Comments on the technical issues

As someone who knows this business from more or less all sides of the table, I can vouch for the crew at PPUSA being top-notch. Definitely one of the best crews I've EVER witnessed.

Through my job as manager and booking agent, I've had plenty of unprofessional venues to work with in the past. With PPUSA Chris Roy contacted us all well ahead of time to give us the full update on what was present in terms of gear, tech specs etc, asked all the right questions and pushed our bands to deliver their specific requests in time. That's professional!!!

As someone who has been on a lot of tours and festivals with bands over the years, I've often come to places where problems just couldn't be solved on-site. But with PPUSA everything went smooth (4 years in a row, and the minor problems we've had were to overcome/oversee).

With my other job, as a technical coordinator and manager at a venue in Copenhagen (The Rock - 650 people venue only, but ...), I've often experienced what can go wrong and what should not be allowed to go wrong. There are certain ways to handle bands with an ego (often bands that have been "too long" in the business), bands with no clues on what they are doing (often newcomer bands) etc, and in my experience w PPUSA the crew there knows how to handle all that.

Cheers to the PPUSA crew for doing a tremendous job. This festival wouldn't be half as much fun without their skills.

Claus
Intromental

Chris, I figured it was something like that. Because he was fine... then he wasn't. And he wasn't after touching it. I like Line 6 a bit now, especially after I read what Bumblefoot said and I think the same way. He basically said that he doesn't want to have to spend 30 minutes dialing in a tone each night. With line 6 you put in the same numbers, get the same tone, and off you go.

Tempted to sell back my Peavey XXX 220 combo amp, and get one.

Anyone remember hearing Krucible playing, "Pull Me Under"? That wasn't Boogie, baby! It was Line 6 with it's built in effects all the way!
Shane said, "Make it sound like the tones used on, "Pull Me Under". Wayne and I dialed it in ourselves and it was pretty close to the song they then nailed.

Don't sell yourselves short Chris. That was Petrucci's tone. Period. We were blown away watching in the recording studio. :headbang:

And, even as a non-techy, member of this crew, I know that line 6 is the shit. Any idea if Jimmy Williams (ex Steel Prophet) still engineers there?

Zilla

Chris, I figured it was something like that. Because he was fine... then he wasn't. And he wasn't after touching it. I like Line 6 a bit now, especially after I read what Bumblefoot said and I think the same way. He basically said that he doesn't want to have to spend 30 minutes dialing in a tone each night. With line 6 you put in the same numbers, get the same tone, and off you go.

Tempted to sell back my Peavey XXX 220 combo amp, and get one.
Tore Ostby specifically requested the Line 6 Vetta 2 for Conception. He programmed his exact sound in (or had them on a laptop and dowloaded - I don't remmber which)
We used the direct out of that head to the recording studio. And the recording engineer said he had teh best sound that night

I don't care about brand names, it's about what gear truly delivers. Line 6 has delivered year after year without a single issue, so take it easy on the chants that it sucks and remember your hero might just be covering something up.:loco:

I own an old Flextone II, and I really like it. Doesn't have the brawn of a Marshall or a Boogie, but it is THE most versatile amp I've ever owned. Not to mention the ease & time savings of being able to load your patches from a laptop, and knowing it will be consistent no matter which head/combo you plug into. Amp modeling has come a LONG way.

Kudos to the PP Crew year after year after year!
You guys rock!