Compressors on group channels cauing phasing?

LosingReality

Oct 6, 2007
Columbus GA
So when i put a compressor on a group channel and not on another 1 im getting phasey sounds....i assume its from the latency correct?

Should i not be putting anything other then EQ on a group channel?

Where should the compressors go then?

Even if i put it on the track, wont i be getting that same latency if i dont put it on all the tracks?

EDIT: Tried putting the compressor on the tracks themselves, if i dont have it on every track....Its phasey....big time!

Cubase does have plugin compensation but it doesnt change anything.

Any help?

It shouldn't be phasing out unless you're doing parallel compression (one bus dry and the other compressed). If you are doing that, and some comps don't work well in parallel (eg. Voxengo Marquis), then just put the same comp on the dry bus without any gain reduction.

It shouldn't be phasing out unless you're doing parallel compression (one bus dry and the other compressed). If you are doing that, and some comps don't work well in parallel (eg. Voxengo Marquis), then just put the same comp on the dry bus without any gain reduction.

Nope no para comp....just sending the guitars from mic 1 to a group channel and compressing them and sending the guitars from mic 2 to another group, and if i dont compress that one too....Its phasey....like bigtime.

EDIT: Tried putting the compressor on the tracks themselves, if i dont have it on every track....Its phasey....big time!

Cubase does have plugin compensation but it doesnt change anything.

Any help?