Computer Geeks! help me!

wow, this threads really gotten huge. Thanks a ton for all the suggestions!! I just got home from work and Im going to try Mikes first big long suggestion he posted. Ill let you all know how things turn out when Im done! :)

well.... I did the system restore thing, updates all my spyware/virus programs, went into safe mode and scanned everything, and I still have the problem :( All I can think to do right now is uninstall mozilla and use IE for now. I dont seem to get the popups in IE so hopefully thatll do the trick temporarily. I really do not want to reformat, I just did that like a month ago, and putting all the programs and everything back onnthe computer really sucks, so Im going to avoid doing that again for a while.

Did the scans pick up anything, but just couldn't remove it, or did they not pick up the threat at all? If you want to rid yourself of the it, and the usual removal software isn't doing the trick, then you'll need to figure out the name of the threat and do some research on it's particular removal. If you can't figure out the name, then you can try searching on the files and/or processes it uses. If you don't know that either, then search on some of the text that appears in the pop-up window.

Chances are that other people have had the same threat and have already rid themselves of it. Often times there are specific tools designed to remove particular threats, so look for those as well. Just remember to run checks on ANYTHING you download. If all else fails, there is always manual removal, but you'll need a good understanding of malware and computers to do that. Anyway, just let me know your progress and I'll do my best to help.

There's a free program called HiJackThis that can be really helpful in tracking down hard to clean threats. If you run a scan and copy/paste the text into a post here, then I may be able to track down a possible solution for you...