Concepts

Mattsquatch

New Metal Member
May 16, 2004
British Columbia
skimbc.com
To confess I'm only really gotten into Opeth in the last couple of months, and I was just wondering if someone could fill me in on the concepts behind some of their albums? Like MAYH is about a ghost and Still Life is about a guy forsakening christianity and being kicked out of his village and returning for his love. I hear Still Life is a prequel to Orchid. Is MAYH a sequel? So what's the story?

You can find the answers checking the FAQ.

Mattsquatch said:
To confess I'm only really gotten into Opeth in the last couple of months, and I was just wondering if someone could fill me in on the concepts behind some of their albums? Like MAYH is about a ghost and Still Life is about a guy forsakening christianity and being kicked out of his village and returning for his love. I hear Still Life is a prequel to Orchid. Is MAYH a sequel? So what's the story?

Alternative 3 said:
Jack Frober is the main character in still life, find out about him and the mystery will be solved.
Jack Frober? The only name mentioned on the album is Melinda, the main character was nameless as far as I know. Do you people know something I don't?

T3hLep4rAffinity said:
Group investigation.
i swear we tried before...i don't think we're ever gonna find out. i'd kinda rather it remain that way, seeing that it/he is the most-referred-to inside joke/legendary figure on this forum

shark22 said:
Jack Frober? The only name mentioned on the album is Melinda, the main character was nameless as far as I know. Do you people know something I don't?
i think this is serious. note the join date.
@shark22: dude, youre better off if you dont know anymore about it. it was funny for five minutes. that was it.

i never found the frober thing funny, to be honest.
but now that trey found the part where it sounds like he says it, it kinda made me smile. ok, not really, but, it's still pretty funny to hear him almost say jack frober in the track.

<crimson> said:
speaking, of penii, 3toed, your gargantuan penis avatar is gone :(

Hey, don't you start with me! You are the one who took away big gay al! My one reason for reading through every thread, to laugh at your avatar....and you took it away! Cold hearted bastard.....

eheheh...splort.....ahhhh, jaypinkerton.com, so many wasted hours...