Can someone explain...

Demon of the Fall

Serenity Painted Pink
Jun 3, 2003
Belgium
www.freewebs.com
Can someone explain me the story of My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life... My english is not very good, and I don't really understand everything he says.

Sorry, i'm kind of a n00b :p

I know that Still Life is about someone returning for his love and stuff... but i don't really know what happens in each song.
And MAYH is about someone who is a ghost? i dunno...

plz explain, thank you

this guy dies, then he becomes a ghost. his wife gets with another guyand he goes nuts. i think thats about it :)

just search for it down the bottom of the main screen. im sure theres about 500 threads about it :)

My Arms Your Hearse

A guy dies, he watches his lover mourn, but then he realises that she was cheating on him, but she still loves him. Later on, he gets seriously pissed off because she stops mourning and grieving his death, so he tries to take her away with him in his anger (DOTF). Then, he finds himself alone again, having lost her for good.

Still Life

A man returns to a town, 15 years since being banned for his lack of faith. He comes back in search of his past love Melinda. However, Melinda is a married woman now, and when she breaks her vow, the townspeople hang her. The man gets very angry and attacks the townspeople, before eventually being struck down. He is then hung.

I know that these are very loose interpretations, but I hope they helped you a little. :)

People forget that Morningrise is a story album too. A guy's wife dies of a long illness or something. He struggles to get over the loss, and is haunted by her memory. He eventually lets go. (to bid you farewell)

Guardian of Darkness said:
My Arms Your Hearse

A guy dies, he watches his lover mourn, but then he realises that she was cheating on him, but she still loves him. Later on, he gets seriously pissed off because she stops mourning and grieving his death, so he tries to take her away with him in his anger (DOTF). Then, he finds himself alone again, having lost her for good.

What happens after that? Theres like 4 more songs after Demon...:eek:

He just realizes that he has to leave her alone and live his "life after death" alone during Credence and Karma? Epilogue just sums it all up as he leaves...so basically GoD explained it with the last sentence.

MasterOLightning said:
People forget that Morningrise is a story album too. A guy's wife dies of a long illness or something. He struggles to get over the loss, and is haunted by her memory. He eventually lets go. (to bid you farewell)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

no

You don't believe me. Okay, I'll support myself here. Advent. Twice it says "You are beyond all help." This is about the illness. "Time grows short as the piper plays his tune...dancing into the void". This is clearly about someone dying. The first line of TNATSW, "and so you left us". This song is about immediately dealing with the loss. The lines, "Am I like them?"...If only for another second", the speaker questions whether his handling of her death is typical. "Your face was, like the photograph...What does it matter now?" It doesn't matter because she's dead. Nectar is about the guy being haunted by the whole thing. He can't let go of her. "I swear I will always love you." "Cannot bid farewell." There's more. You've got to look into this stuff more. BRI is subtle, but there's more clues there. Most of the song isn't about anything. But alot of MAYH isn't about anything either. "We spoke only through thoughts." TBYF doesn't say if the guy really does let go, but the song fits in with the others lyrically. Read the whole album from the beginning. Put the pieces together. It makes a lot of sense. There's lots of symbolism, as in the parts where he speaks with her, or is physically with her. Use your imagination just a little. I'm not crazy. It works. So there.

MasterOLightning said:
You don't believe me. Okay, I'll support myself here. Advent. Twice it says "You are beyond all help." This is about the illness. "Time grows short as the piper plays his tune...dancing into the void". This is clearly about someone dying. The first line of TNATSW, "and so you left us". This song is about immediately dealing with the loss. The lines, "Am I like them?"...If only for another second", the speaker questions whether his handling of her death is typical. "Your face was, like the photograph...What does it matter now?" It doesn't matter because she's dead.

TNATSW is about the death of Mikael's grandfather.