Can someone explain...

Lakestream said:
and Too bid you farewell is about breaking up with his g/f

yep
nice try though
wink.gif

ChrisEmerson said:
TNATSW isnt about his grandfathers death is it? i thought he was just writing it or recording it when he found out about his death, or something.

mmm don't know about that....but if that was the case and if that affected the writing of the song, it'd be the same

MasterOLightning said:
You don't believe me. Okay, I'll support myself here. Advent. Twice it says "You are beyond all help." This is about the illness. "Time grows short as the piper plays his tune...dancing into the void". This is clearly about someone dying. The first line of TNATSW, "and so you left us". This song is about immediately dealing with the loss. The lines, "Am I like them?"...If only for another second", the speaker questions whether his handling of her death is typical. "Your face was, like the photograph...What does it matter now?" It doesn't matter because she's dead. Nectar is about the guy being haunted by the whole thing. He can't let go of her. "I swear I will always love you." "Cannot bid farewell." There's more. You've got to look into this stuff more. BRI is subtle, but there's more clues there. Most of the song isn't about anything. But alot of MAYH isn't about anything either. "We spoke only through thoughts." TBYF doesn't say if the guy really does let go, but the song fits in with the others lyrically. Read the whole album from the beginning. Put the pieces together. It makes a lot of sense. There's lots of symbolism, as in the parts where he speaks with her, or is physically with her. Use your imagination just a little. I'm not crazy. It works. So there.

Doesn't make it a concept album just because some of the songs have intriguing lines. True if you use your imagination you can probably put some pieces together and construct a loose story but I myself have never heard any evidence that Morningrise is a concept album. If anyone has any please post and prove me wrong.

np: Annie Lennox-Bare

the night and the silent water is about the death of mikael's granfather.

I read it a while back. Mikael has a whole paragraph describing why hen chose the lyrics ie "your face was white liek a photograph" etc

he said that when he went to his funeral he felt no sadness. and he wrote the song because was unsure if it was normal to feel this way.