Controversial opinions on metal

Last I checked, CrossFire was a game that involved shooting marbles and spinning discs that was big in the 90s, not a Judas Priest song.

Oh, you said recently, I'll take my snark back. Sure, their lyrics have been silly at best since the early/mid 80s. Who thinks that newer Priest has good lyrics?

You're so smart. This song better not exist then. Shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qpIy_-VbE

The full song is out there as well. Album too.

If you're criticizing Priest for having "shit lyrics" as if that somehow detracts from their worth, you should probably just hand in your metal card.

They're good for what they are but they should try more than really stereotypical rhyming verse for a change.

"...but they should try more than really stereotypical rhyming verse for a change"

...no they really shouldn't. Priest fucking rocks as they are.

What does this even matter? Get my mother in the room and ask her the most obvious difference between George Eliot and Honore de Balzac and she'll probably say that one writes in English and one writes in French. That tells us incredibly little about the styles, modes, or aesthetics of the texts themselves.

Stalin had more direct experience with mass killings on a professional level, but I still won't agree with him that the best answer to the state's problems is the execution of dissenters.

Appealing to authority usually results in embarrassing contradictions.

"What does this even matter?"......Well, it's the entire point of this discussion we are having...

On your very...bizarre, shall I say, appeal to Joseph Stalin as some form of rebuttal, you must have been intoxicated when you wrote that because it is devoid of any relevance whatsoever, and perhaps the most glaring non sequitur ever issued in the entire history of this thread. Clearly we disagree, so let us just leave it at that before you get more carried away.

tried listening to Koloss and Catch Thirtythree. stop/start offbeat bullshit with a caveman grunting throughout. art, man, art.

Crystal Logic has some really classic songs on it, but I think some of the hard rock cliches really drag it down, mostly in the title track and Feeling Free Again. Stuff like Necropolis or The Veils of Negative Existence are fucking classics, though.

when it comes to manilla road, i much prefer the more recent stuff like voyager, spiral castle and gates of fire over crystal logic, open the gates and deluge. it just appeals to me more.