Controversial opinions on metal

fuck them tbh. They're ok live but that's about it and that's after a few tinnies. Mustaine is a cock as well.

On the advice of TechBarb, I re-listened to Endgame. It is fairly good but has some duds that ruin the flow of the album. The System Has Failed is still better because the only dud I can find on that album is I Know Jack

Shadow of Deth is a pretty craptastic track. The first two, and Something That I'm Not are pretty dull too. Truth be Told, Of Mice and Men and My Kingdom aren't bad. The only tracks i have rated higher than 3 stars(RYM) on that album are Kick The Chair, The Scorpion, Back In The Day and Tears in a Vial.

But on the other hand, i dont have a single track rated lower than 3 1/2 stars on Endgame. This Day We Fight, Dialectic Chaos, Bite the Hand, Endgame, How the Story Ends and Sealed With a Kiss are all solid tracks.

Regarding IE, Something Wicked and Burnt Offerings are fucking great albums and fuck off anyone who disagrees.

Something Wicked is kinda boring. The best songs are the sappy power ballad (Watching Over Me) and the Crimson Glory copy (Melancholy).

iced earth are just generally mediocre, although i'd take BURNT OFFERINGS and NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER over the ridiculously derivative, processed and frequently sugary stuff that followed.

that said, they've been pretty fun live when i've seen them.

Horror Show is damn good too. Couple stinkers on the album but roughly 75% of the album is really enjoyable.