Controversial opinions on metal

It's one of those all-time classics that every metalhead should know, like The Number of the Beast or Seek and Destroy.

Dat riff tho...

As for Iced Earth, to this day I can find nothing enjoyable about them. I'll take my Helloween and Blind Guardian and leave it at that, my good sirs.

Shadow of Deth is a pretty craptastic track. The first two, and Something That I'm Not are pretty dull too. Truth be Told, Of Mice and Men and My Kingdom aren't bad. The only tracks i have rated higher than 3 stars(RYM) on that album are Kick The Chair, The Scorpion, Back In The Day and Tears in a Vial.

But on the other hand, i dont have a single track rated lower than 3 1/2 stars on Endgame. This Day We Fight, Dialectic Chaos, Bite the Hand, Endgame, How the Story Ends and Sealed With a Kiss are all solid tracks.

I was relistening to TSHF on the way home and I think Tears in a Vial is one of the best songs Mustaine has written.

Horror Show is the last Iced Earth album worth buying for most people. Dracula is the best song on the album and the one I think they still play live from that album. I also enjoy Damien, Jack, and the Phantom of the Opera from that album.

A lot of hate for Iced Earth here, but their first three are all solid to great albums. Night of the Stormrider is their best in my opinion. And they made the best live metal album with Alive in Athens.

I think theres a lot of love for Iced Earth here. However, a few of us are very stubborn when it comes to taking sides for which singer, but those of us who like em all find common ground in their songwriting.

And D_T check out Horror Show. Its the first album that sold me on the band years ago and I believe its one of their bests.

glad to see some honest opinion here, pointing out how laughably mediocre/embarrassing/cheesy Obituary is. if you asked some anti-metal goon to mockingly portray his view of the stereotypical metal vocal, it will sound just like Tardy. Tardy is parody. :Smokedev:

Malevolent Creation is underrated, I feel like they should be at the same level of popularity as bands like Vader, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Deicide, Behemoth, etc.

glad to see some honest opinion here, pointing out how laughably mediocre/embarrassing/cheesy Obituary is. if you asked some anti-metal goon to mockingly portray his view of the stereotypical metal vocal, it will sound just like Tardy. Tardy is parody. :Smokedev:

You're fucking delusional. Also, metal is cheesy period.

Malevolent Creation are boring. The only reason people know their name is they were in the right place at the right time copying the right bands.

Malevolent Creation are boring. The only reason people know their name is they were in the right place at the right time copying the right bands.

Cannibal Corpse is boring. Have you even listened to Retribution? Also I don't really know what you mean, Psychic Pawn, Graveside, Judecca, Demented Ted, Creepmime, Mordicus, etc were all in that scene and didn't get any recognition, and Malevolent Creation is pretty popular (but no where near the fame of the bands I named, which is weird to me)

Listened to the new Judas Priest album for the second time... first listen, fuckin hated it. Sucked so bad. But on second listen it's actually pretty good. If they slapped a different band name on that bad boy I might downright enjoy it immensely.

I've pretty much declared Judas Priest irrelevant. Nothing they will ever release can hold a candle to their classic material.

Malevolent Creation is underrated, I feel like they should be at the same level of popularity as bands like Vader, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Deicide, Behemoth, etc.

I totally agree. Those first 2 albums are just as sick and evil as the first couple from all the major death metal albums of that time period. And they progressed maturely and haven't made a bad album yet...

Vader is boring as shit. They're like a poor man's Immolation.

Cannibal Corpse is boring. Have you even listened to Retribution? Also I don't really know what you mean, Psychic Pawn, Graveside, Judecca, Demented Ted, Creepmime, Mordicus, etc were all in that scene and didn't get any recognition, and Malevolent Creation is pretty popular (but no where near the fame of the bands I named, which is weird to me)

At least Demented Ted and Creepmime are pretty boring from what I remember. I like a lot of old death metal yet I don't consider any of those you mentioned very important tbh.

At least Demented Ted and Creepmime are pretty boring from what I remember. I like a lot of old death metal yet I don't consider any of those you mentioned very important tbh.

I was just being random, how about Demigod, Morgue, Adramalech, Purtenance, Guttfed, Abhorrence, Cianide, Rottrevore, Gorement, Convulse, etc