Controversial opinions on metal

The Beast and the steaming pile of shit that is Necropolis. I've never listened to Impressions in Blood ... sounds like i need to change that.

+Master and Deceased, two of the best when it comes to death/thrash.

Ah, yes. Master, Deceased is great too. Necropolis is pretty good for the most part, there's that one song that's just boring and slow, can't remember the name. I'll agree The Beast is definitely their worst album, still better than anything by Cannibal Corpse, lol.

there's that one song that's just boring and slow

Just one song? Lol, most of that album is littered with slow, boring tracks.

I'll agree The Beast is definitely their worst album, still better than anything by Cannibal Corpse, lol.

lol, no and no.

I'd rather listen to The Beast than Necropolis, that's without a doubt. And i'd take just about anything from Cannibal Corpse over those two albums.

Cryptopsy is incredibly overrated. Just obnoxiously wanky tech death nonsense. Also, Lord Worm writes interesting lyrics but was a really annoying vocalist.

None So Vile is hardly incoherent. Phobophile has one of the catchiest riffs in all of death metal.

I'm on board with the Cryptopsy fanbois.

None so vile is worth every bit of praise you hear. One of my favorite death metal albums of all time. And to say lord worm was a terrible vocalist is laughable. The shit he was doing on NSV was ridiculous and he's without a doubt the best vocalist they've had.

I liked everything up until once was not. I even liked a few songs off and then you'll beg. But obviously that shit comes no where near their earlier material.

Faggotry Made Flesh
None So Gay
Whisper Faggotry
And Then You'll Suck
Once Was Gay
The Unspoken Homo
Gaytopsy

Despite being one of my favorite bands Summoning would be a lot better if they cut down their albums by about 15 minutes. I find myself exhausted by their music and zone out after about 40 minutes.

My main problem with them is the distortion on the vocals. Honestly, if they just kept it instrumental or just went with reverb-y croaking it would be immensely preferable.