Controversial opinions on metal

Even The Jester Race is pretty shitty. The most tolerable MDM is the thrashy post-SOTS stuff, ala Darkane.

The Lunar Strain is pretty solid, but In Flames mostly sucks. Soilwork is outright unlistenably bad, though they never did reach the rock bottom In Flames did with shit like Come Clarity or Soundtrack to Your Escape

I semi agree with all of you. Soilwork is so fucking bad. They just happened to be at the right place, right time, while everyone was licking up any band with a semblance of melodeath.

Darkane, other than Rusted Angel, isnt bad, its just boring. Give me The Crown for that thrashy take on the sound. Deathrace King, Hell is Here, Eternal Death, and Crowned in Terror are superb.

I enjoy In Flames up to and including Colony (which I personally think is their best, song wise). Clayman has some guilty pleasure songs, but its too bubblegum for me. Whoracle is easily the bands worst pre Clayman. I enjoy Lunar Strain, Subterranean (the best of the bands early material) and Jester Race, but I always prefer to listen to Dark Tranquillity over IF.

Armageddon's Crossing the Rubicon and Eucharists first album shold be heard by all that like the sound.