Controversial opinions on metal

A year ago seeing the video for "Not Unlike The Waves" tricked me into buying Ashes Against The Grain,huge mistake,the rest of the album wasn´t nearly as good.

No, The Mantle is awesome. Ashes is okay.

Oh, so controversy. We've probably been here before, but Clandestine is significantly better than Left Hand Path.

And Nihilist was better than both...OK maybe not, but srsly, Nihilist did rule. I like LHP more than Clandestine but both are classick.

Transilvanian Hunger clicked with me almost immediately. However, I came to appreciate their other albums (speaking of the first five) a lot more over time.

95% of Agalloch's songwriting is boring as fuck. The only song of theirs I can think of off the top of my head that isn't predominantly background music is "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion".

Oh, so controversy. We've probably been here before, but Clandestine is significantly better than Left Hand Path.

Got that fucking right. It´s more dynamic,songs like Crawl,Evilyn and Sinners Bleed are very exciting since you really cant figure out what´s to come next. And all the songs that sound more like Left Hand Path like Living Dead,Chaos Breed and Severe Burns are more brutal than those on Left Hand Path. If i got the question "what is death metal?" i´d put on Crawl.

Transilvanian Hunger clicked with me almost immediately. However, I came to appreciate their other albums (speaking of the first five) a lot more over time.

Soulside I liked right off the bat, and I came to appreciate A Blaze very quickly. These days ABITNS is the only one I have on my iPod, but I spin Soulside and TH on occasion.

I spun my Soulside pic disc today. Counting the amazing riffs made my head hurt, mainly because I never learned to count that high.

I think there are many other wonderful and much heavier bands out there than Agalloch, but I definitely think that John Haughm has the best growls ever. I can't get enough of his voice.
Srsly? Those are some of the weakest growls put to tape. I like the singing and all of Agalloch's albums, but he completely fails to do a full, powerful death growl.

Agalloch are an incredible band and i've not listened to them in awile. Not Unlike The Waves is their best song IMO.

Agalloch is actually better when you haven't listened to them in awhile. One of those bands that you appreciate that much more.
Plus if I listened to them on a daily basis i'd probably become depressed.