Controversial opinions on metal

I like Bathory, Venom, Mercyful Fate, Immortal, Emporer, Dissection and some Burzum but when I listened to a couple of Darkthrone songs on youtube my immediate thoughts were urgh what the fuck is this!

For fucks sake you moron, at the very fucking least download a high quality rip of it.

^ Very true, I used to think Sunn O))) was pretty useless on Youtube but I gave them one more chance so I downloaded something by them and it was much better, loads heavier.

it's just me not getting into two songs I listened to half of on youtube
I might end up liking them, that's happened before with bands. I was basically hoping for album recommendations I'll be more straight up next time.

it's just me not getting into two songs I listened to half of on youtube
I might end up liking them, that's happened before with bands. I was basically hoping for album recommendations I'll be more straight up next time.

transilvanian hunger is very accesible and very good

TH is somewhat accessible, given the first and last songs on the album. It's more challenging to get into everything in between.

it took me a long time to warm up to UAFM and ABITNS... TH clicked from the very first second. Very few albums are like that for me.

UAFM has yet to click with me. It's a good album, but I guess I'm missing something. As for the two albums before and after it, I dig 'em.

UAFM has yet to click with me. It's a good album, but I guess I'm missing something. As for the two albums before and after it, I dig 'em.

that's how i felt for a long time... then i watched a video with Nokturno Culto playing that song live and i was like OMG that's so badass... the album just clicked after that