Controversial opinions on metal

Come on, folks :p

These songs are all great:

- Crusher Destroyer
- Workhorse
- Trainwreck
- Trilobite
- Mother Puncher

The rest are interesting, no fillers. Best thing is to listen to the whole album, following the tracks' order.

I really like their work, they're creative. Some fresh, intelligent pieces of metal. Comparing them to stuff like CoB isn't even funny.

I don't care how many people hate them or how people think they suck but As Blood Runs Black is fucking amazing

Every time I listen to them I feel like punting a baby. :kickass:

I don't care how many people hate them or how people think they suck but As Blood Runs Black is fucking amazing

Every time I listen to them I feel like punting a baby. :kickass:

They kicked my ass live.
I was then disappointed by the album (the one that has dude standing around on the cover, can't remember the name atm). It was okay, but struck me as The Black Dahlia Murder with breakdowns. I also remember someone shouting "jump da fuck up", which is instant fail, especially when said IN A FUCKING SOUNDBOOTH.
Anyhow. They didn't seem very original to me on album, but I thoroughly enjoyed them live.

bump, but I honestly don't see what's so special about deathspell omega. I downloaded SMRC, and it wasn't really that good, in my opinion.

bump, but I honestly don't see what's so special about deathspell omega. I downloaded SMRC, and it wasn't really that good, in my opinion.

Personally, I find the idea that Deathspell Omega don't live up to their hype rather uncontroversial. I also think they don't even live up to their own ambitions.

Considering that they don't sound like many other black metal bands anymore, I don't think they're regular ol' black metal. Anyway, I'm perfectly fine with other people not liking their music even though I like it a lot.

I enjoy deathspell omega quite a bit, imo their music is a bit more creative than your average darkthrone clone.