Controversial opinions on metal

From what I've heard of Death Magnetic, it's actually pretty good. It actually sounds like a thrash metal album. The only complaint I have is the vocals, but that's just because James is getting older... even then, the vocals fit nicely with the music.

I agree with the poster a few posts above that said Christ Illusion was a good album, I think it's great, not as good as the old stuff or God Hates Us All, but still pretty good.

Death Magnetic's not that bad, there are some great songs and some average songs, overall it's not as good as their pre-Load stuff, but far better than Load/ReLoad and St. Anger.

Christ Illusion is a decent album.

Corpsegrinder's CC era album are all good. Kill is a great album. :kickass:

Haven't listened to Metallica's new one. Guess I won't even try it. I like their early albums too much, so I'll certainly be disappointed and say the new one sucks (even if it's a decent hard rock album)

Haven't listened to Metallica's new one. Guess I won't even try it. I like their early albums too much, so I'll certainly be disappointed and say the new one sucks (even if it's a decent hard rock album)

Your a fool if you don't at least give it a chance. It isn't hard rock either. Granted it's not as good as the early stuff, but still worth a spin.

Your a fool if you don't at least give it a chance. It isn't hard rock either. Granted it's not as good as the early stuff, but still worth a spin.

I don't usually do this, but St. Anger sucks so bad, and the previous albums just made me puke (Load and Reload) :puke:

People are saying it's their best since the Black Album, though. That's something.

I'll probably try it sometime, who knows.

Attila Csihar's vocals are amazing. There's something wrong with anyone who dislikes them. You probably have cancer, WAIF.

I think At the Gates are way overrated. This may be so because I never heard them when they were active. However I heard alot of their clones when the death/thrash movement was huge. I was getting really tired of it really quick. Everyone seemed to think that "slaughter of the soul" was one of the best albums ever. I heard it and didnt really like it. Now the band was re-united for some farewell concerts and the hype started again. I still don't understand the greatness about this band. To me it just sounds bland and generic but maybe thats, as I said, is because I never heard them while they were active. They say ATG pioneered the death/thrash sound...

EP and first two albums are mostly gold, last two albums are pretty rubbish, basically. you're right about SOTS being pretty bland, but people really need to stop calling bands overrated when they've only heard an album or two - call the album overrated instead