Controversial opinions on metal

I'm one of those who think Slaughter of the Soul is an amazing album. I remember, like 12 years ago, when we started listening to it (a friend brought a cd from Europe in 96). It was groundbreaking.

The best Metal Magazine in Brazil published a detailed coverage of 2008's Wacken.

They report that, during At the Gates' gig, there were several members of other bands checking it onstage, and celebrating as they played songs off Slaughter of the Soul. The most celebrated song was "Blinded by Fear".

i tried so hard to like them but i couldn't do it. they have no good qualities

just lets all delete everything they have ever done and move on. yes, even throw away all the cds. it's irritating music at best. and i am proud to say i just don't get it. in the immortal words of charles bukowski:

"at the gates blows"

It's also got one of the worst productions ever excreted onto CD. Seriously. I love the songs on TRISIO, but let's be quite frank here - the production is piss poor, and the mastering means that the volume level is extremely retarded.

...and for the record, I like Terminal Spirit Disease the best from the ATG back catalogue.

the production on it is fantastic, it is really one of the most unique sounding albums mostly due to that. If the band actually got the thick and heavy sound they wanted the album would lose a bit of the charm the album has.

maybe. anyways i'm not much of a death metal fan, either

to tell the truth the best death metal in my opinion is cannibal corpse post barnes

fischer rules. i can understand the words and it's all about murder. very great lyrics and vocals and the music is insane and pretty much perfect. barnes blows i don't even listen to those albums

I can understand why people would like the production on TRITSIO,probably for the same reason i like the production on Morningrise. But personally in TRITSIO´s case i think it could have done with a bit more attack productionwise.