Controversial opinions on metal

i wouldn't even know where to begin with comparing the solo careers. both are just ok but halford gets the nod for his acting skills in superbad. fight was kinda um whatever and dickinson had some fun solo stuff if a bit gay and poppy
Halford was in Superbad?
No he wasn't.
But Aurora Snow and Jenna Haze were. Didn't notice them.
Dickinson's solo stuff gay and poppy? Balls To Picasso sucked but dude...the Chemical Wedding? Don't be a faggot.

GET THE FUCK OUT

I thought I'd yelled at people enough that Priest is vastly superior to Maiden to the point that it had no effect on me any more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suggest that you don't have much exposure to Judas Priest's first four albums and that you need to listen to them a lot more than you have, especially Stained Class and Sad Wings Of Destiny. And Maiden's classics are by no means more classic than Priest's. That's absurd. Maybe more douchebags on the street could name you a Maiden song than they could a Priest song, but as far as any relevant measurement is concerned, Judas Priest's material are THE classic staples of traditional heavy metal.
I'll give them another shot, but really nothing about the first four particularly impressed me tbh.

i'm willing to bet that he's never actually heard ANY 70s priest despite his claims that they're nothing special. clearly he's at least unaware that 'sad wings' and 'stained class' are probably the two most respected metal albums of all time outside maybe sabbath, and that alone makes his claims about 'classic' priest songs totally worthless.

Priest might not be my favorite heavy metal band (that'd be Mercyful Fate), but I'll be damned if their 70s output isn't among the absolute best, and it really is by far better than anything Maiden has done (with the possible exception of Killers.)

I was listening to Opeth's The Roundhouse Tapes and realized how much I hate "The Night and the Silent Water"...well pretty much any song off of Orchid I dislike except for "Under the Weeping Moon".

when you feel safe, when you feel warm

that's when i rise, that's when i crawl...

nothing is creepier than that

it's seriously a song richard ramirez would write

in the dead of night....

love bites you, excites you
and drains you to white

^This.
Just think: how many classic metal tunes has priest written? Breaking The Law, Hell Bent For Leather, Painkiller, Hot Rockin', Freewheel Burning, a bunch more.

Maiden? Iron Maiden, Prowler, Running Free, Charlotte The Harlot, Killers, Murders In The Rue Morgue, Wrathchild, Run To The Hill, Children Of The Damned, The Number Of The Beast, 22 Acacia Avenue, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Powerslave, The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Aces High, Flight Of The Icarus, The Trooper, Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, Fear Of The Dark

^ Exactly.

Judas Priest is definitely a better band. I don't care if Iron Maiden has more well-known songs.

lol

If only Maiden were more kvlt.
And had less obvious melodies.