Controversial opinions on metal

I'm don't like Anthrax, tried several times but failed. They sound too happy for my taste.

Testament's better, but not a top thrash band IMHO.

When I think about great thrash, other bands come to mind: Exodus, Sepultura (Beneath the Remains and Arise are fucking great), Destruction and Kreator, just to name a few.

anyways it's not a good album and theres no reason to buy it. support bands that deserve support instead
I agree with this.

Pantera suck, Judas Priest suck, Iron Maiden suck, Metallica suck, Megadeth suck.

Anthrax/Testament. <3
FOAD times four
This.

judas priest own the fuckin' shit out of iron maiden
Um...no?

no, testament does
No, they really don't.

Fistful of Metal is better.
Fistful of metal is really tedious, imo. Spreading The Disease is undeniably great, however.

I like more Maiden album than priest albums. I really like Stained Class and Painkiller by Priest, but maybe I just haven't explored their other work enough. I like Maiden from Number of the Beast through Seventh Son.

Well tbh I haven't paid any attention whatsoever on Maiden for ages so I should really listen to their new albums but for me, the thing about Priest I like nearly all of their stuff even though it's so different meaning I can listen to them in different moods and from that I end up liking them a lot more than Maiden.

No way. Really.

Just my opinion, though.

I was presenting it as a controversial opinion even though I was agreeing with someone actually. Maiden are WAY more popular. Priest just seem to have invented the sound I immediatly think of when I think of metal.

^This.
Just think: how many classic metal tunes has priest written? Breaking The Law, Hell Bent For Leather, Painkiller, Hot Rockin', Freewheel Burning, a bunch more.

Maiden? Iron Maiden, Prowler, Running Free, Charlotte The Harlot, Killers, Murders In The Rue Morgue, Wrathchild, Run To The Hill, Children Of The Damned, The Number Of The Beast, 22 Acacia Avenue, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Powerslave, The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Aces High, Flight Of The Icarus, The Trooper, Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, Fear Of The Dark

painkiller is actually my least favorite priest album with halford on vocals. nostradamus is my second least favorite. all the rest rock and in the long run i enjoy priest albums more than maidens, but maiden is undeniably great and their worst bruce album is no prayer for the dying. that really sucks and the lyrics just plain embarrassingly suck.

as far as better songwriters? that is a tough one let's call it a tie. priest at their peak is pretty much the best band ever and that would be sad wings era. nothing touches that. and i think maiden was at their best when they started writing piece of mind

their worst bruce album is no prayer for the dying. that really sucks and the lyrics just plain embarrassingly suck.
bring your daughter, bring me your daughter, bring your daughter...too the slaughter! Let her go, let her go, let her go!

I love that song and Hooks In You for just being so weird and silly and also being decent songs aside from that. Run Silent, Run Deep is also good, but the rest is pretty much crap.