Controversial opinions on metal

Fail.
A Matter Of Life And Death would have been one of their best if they'd been able to restrain the impulse to play every riff 16 times before changing. Even as is, it blows their 90's stuff out of the water. Dance of Death and Brave New World are quite underrated as well. Paschendale is simply the most epic Maiden song ever.

I just can't stand their last one.

Bought it without listening, and it sucks IMO. None of the songs are interesting, they are damn long and boring.

I'm glad they didn't play any of the recent songs the last time I saw them live, on March (one of their best gigs I've seen tbh).

^This.
Just think: how many classic metal tunes has priest written? Breaking The Law, Hell Bent For Leather, Painkiller, Hot Rockin', Freewheel Burning, a bunch more.

Maiden? Iron Maiden, Prowler, Running Free, Charlotte The Harlot, Killers, Murders In The Rue Morgue, Wrathchild, Run To The Hill, Children Of The Damned, The Number Of The Beast, 22 Acacia Avenue, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Powerslave, The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Aces High, Flight Of The Icarus, The Trooper, Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, Fear Of The Dark

Electric Eye, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Sinner, RUN OF THE MILL, DISSEDENT AGGRESSOR, Jawbreaker, Starbreaker, Grinder, Living After Midnight, Heading Out To The Highway, Screamin For Vengeance, You Got Another Thing Comin, THE SENTINEL!!!!, Love Bites.... so basically, added to your list, pretty much the same amount.

Electric Eye, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Sinner, RUN OF THE MILL, DISSEDENT AGGRESSOR, Jawbreaker, Starbreaker, Grinder, Living After Midnight, Heading Out To The Highway, Screamin For Vengeance, You Got Another Thing Comin, THE SENTINEL!!!!, Love Bites.... so basically, added to your list, pretty much the same amount.

Mm...forgot about these.
I put it to you that Maiden's classics are more classic; the number of the beast, the trooper, etc

Judas Priest is definitely a better band. I don't care if Iron Maiden has more well-known songs.

Maiden is actually better. Steve Harris + Adrian Smith ftmfw.
Also, Bruce Dickinson's solo career kicks the shit out of Halford's.

And not having vaguely uncomfortable gay lyrics is awesome.

I really wouldn't know, I mean i prefer the Priest but I can hardly say I remember back in the day, with the whips and the spandex, which where bigger metal hits. I don't care that much either.

Rob Halford's a much better vocalist than Bruce Dickinson, and I have no problem with his lyrics at all.

The Priest solos that are memorable do more for me than all that noodly happy happy stuff tbh. Priest makes me want to do air guitar ffs lol.

i wouldn't even know where to begin with comparing the solo careers. both are just ok but halford gets the nod for his acting skills in superbad. fight was kinda um whatever and dickinson had some fun solo stuff if a bit gay and poppy

god bless that gay leather man

i saw halford open for maiden once and when the band played the classic priest shit it gave me chills

Mm...forgot about these.
I put it to you that Maiden's classics are more classic; the number of the beast, the trooper, etc

GET THE FUCK OUT

I thought I'd yelled at people enough that Priest is vastly superior to Maiden to the point that it had no effect on me any more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suggest that you don't have much exposure to Judas Priest's first four albums and that you need to listen to them a lot more than you have, especially Stained Class and Sad Wings Of Destiny. And Maiden's classics are by no means more classic than Priest's. That's absurd. Maybe more douchebags on the street could name you a Maiden song than they could a Priest song, but as far as any relevant measurement is concerned, Judas Priest's material are THE classic staples of traditional heavy metal.

GET THE FUCK OUT

I thought I'd yelled at people enough that Priest is vastly superior to Maiden to the point that it had no effect on me any more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suggest that you don't have much exposure to Judas Priest's first four albums and that you need to listen to them a lot more than you have, especially Stained Class and Sad Wings Of Destiny. And Maiden's classics are by no means more classic than Priest's. That's absurd. Maybe more douchebags on the street could name you a Maiden song than they could a Priest song, but as far as any relevant measurement is concerned, Judas Priest's material are THE classic staples of traditional heavy metal.

did you not get the memo? we are being a bit more nice today