Controversial opinions on metal

oh it's an ok song but kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in concert when they are playing really good songs like the trooper. it should be taken out of the live shows

Along with Judas Be My Guide, Chains of Misery is easily the best FOTD song. The rest are too fucking repetitive, just like all of their new stuff.

Children of The Damned
Children of The Damned
Children of The Damned
Children of The Damned

Seventh son of a seventh son

Your time will come, your time will come

At the gates and the walls of Montségur. Blood on the stones of the citadel.

i dont know what to say. sometimes 4 times works, sometimes it doesn't

seventh son is a really good example of it working

the rest? not so much

Children of The Damned
Children of The Damned
Children of The Damned
Children of The Damned

That's still an excellent chorus, though. It's the same phrase repeated but not every line is sung the same, and Bruce's vocals are so powerful that I don't care. :kickass:

you people are still being retarded by quoting the how many songs are classics of each band... check my post on the matter.

I think At the Gates are way overrated. This may be so because I never heard them when they were active. However I heard alot of their clones when the death/thrash movement was huge. I was getting really tired of it really quick. Everyone seemed to think that "slaughter of the soul" was one of the best albums ever. I heard it and didnt really like it. Now the band was re-united for some farewell concerts and the hype started again. I still don't understand the greatness about this band. To me it just sounds bland and generic but maybe thats, as I said, is because I never heard them while they were active. They say ATG pioneered the death/thrash sound...