Controversial opinions on metal

Probably. Family history of breast cancer. Dunno how that's gonna affect me :err:
I don't mind most of them, but the first couple lines on the album he sounds like he has hay fever or something.

Divine Intervention takes that honor imo, but yeah, pretty fucking terrible. Songs about rugby = instant fail.

are you crazy? the last three were much worse than Divine Intervention... in fact Divine Intervention is pretty good thrash metal.

from reign in blood onwards every album is progressively worse

No, actually. Reign in Blood is probably the most humdrum of all Slayer releases and not worthy of all the attention it gets. So sure, it was fast as hell when it was released, but you know, aside from about four songs, it's full of blurry filler.

The quintessential Slayer release is South of Heaven, not only because the composition is much better, but there is actual atmosphere to the music.

RiB is a fine entry level Slayer release, I guess, but it really isn't a patch on SoH.

Oh, and Divine INtervention is much MUCH better than Diabolus in Musica.

Srsly.:kickass:

No, actually. Reign in Blood is probably the most humdrum of all Slayer releases and not worthy of all the attention it gets. So sure, it was fast as hell when it was released, but you know, aside from about four songs, it's full of blurry filler.

The quintessential Slayer release is South of Heaven, not only because the composition is much better, but there is actual atmosphere to the music.

RiB is a fine entry level Slayer release, I guess, but it really isn't a patch on SoH.

Oh, and Divine INtervention is much MUCH better than Diabolus in Musica.

Srsly.:kickass:

blahhh if we're talking atmosphere then 'hell awaits' is blatantly the quintessential slayer release. south of heaven is just boring, starts out kinda decent but there isn't a single song on it as good as any on the previous 3 albums methinks.

they aren't just posts, they're ideas
:lol:

are you crazy? the last three were much worse than Divine Intervention... in fact Divine Intervention is pretty good thrash metal.
Hmm...on reading this I went back and listened to a song from each. I rather wish I hadn't, but you're right. Divine Intervention is merely tedious, uninspired thrash, rather than utter shit.