Controversial opinions on metal

I actually like Cowboys, Vulgar, and Reinventing the Steel, but after Cowboys Anselmo's lyrics and vocals got more and more ridiculous, peaking on Far Beyond Driven with "Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills" but staying retarded all through Trendkill.
Anyhow.

Right - cause derivative, half-assed hard rock is so much better than revolutionary, epic thrash metal.

I actually like Cowboys, Vulgar, and Reinventing the Steel, but after Cowboys Anselmo's lyrics and vocals got more and more ridiculous, peaking on Far Beyond Driven with "Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills" but staying retarded all through Trendkill.
Anyhow.
That song was a joke but I still like their whole discography (Cowboys on).

That song was a joke but I still like their whole discography (Cowboys on).

I wanna get some of the preCowboys stuff out of curiosity. But I dig all the albums except Far Beyond Driven, which strikes me as aggressive, abrasive, angry, and pretty much devoid of interesting music. Although for some that describes their whole career.

Far Beyond is fucking badass. I demand you to go back and listen to "Use My Third Arm" or "Slaughtered" again! As far as pre-Cowboys i'd stay away unless you like cheesy power glam.

The 'pinnacle' of their career fucking sucked horribly and Power Metal is better based purely on the fact that it's not their 'pinnacle'.

You must be joking, thats pretty ridiculous considering they established their own sound and reached the pinnacle of their career with Vulgar.
If by 'pinnacle' you mean sucking the biggest dick they can, and by 'establishing their sound' betraying thrash metal, then you're absolutely right.