Controversial opinions on metal

It's been almost entirely off-topic ever since I posted a lot here the other day. I'm sorry. :lol:

I have one, I think Alters of Madness is very overrated. It's not "necessarily" overrated for it's time, being that it was one of the more brutal albums from that era, but it's revered by all these 20 year old kids on the internet who are not even old enough to have been listening to it when it came out & they now have better death/thrash to listen to. Even for that time Deicide, Death, Atheist, Obituary & even Cannibal Corpse were all Florida death bands putting out better material at roughly the same time; Morbid Angel just seemed to take themselves slightly more seriously.

My controversial opinion.

I have one, I think Alters of Madness is very overrated. It's not "necessarily" overrated for it's time, being that it was one of the more brutal albums from that era, but it's revered by all these 20 year old kids on the internet who are not even old enough to have been listening to it when it came out & they now have better death/thrash to listen to. Even for that time Deicide, Death, Atheist, Obituary & even Cannibal Corpse were all Florida death bands putting out better material at roughly the same time; Morbid Angel just seemed to take themselves slightly more seriously.

My controversial opinion.

:OMG:

Morbid Angel are awesome.

Anyone else have a response to the opinion I posted a page ago? I know it was overshadowed by V5's douchebaggery and all but I figured someone would have a problem with it.

You mean it was overshadowed by you posting a several paragraph long rant about how V5 is supposedly a prick, right? :)

Anyway, I must disagree with your opinion. Thought it is not my favorite Darkthrone release, Soulside Journey does not suck.

Debate template #1:

Person A: this sucks
Person B: You're a fag, this rules
Person C:I agree with A
Person B: Then you're also a fag.
Person C: Okay
Person D: You're both full of shit. X is neither sucky nor amazing, it's middling garden-variety stuff. Not my favorite but it's still worth a listen
Person E: I agree with D
Person F: (quoting D) qft, broheim.
Person G: (quoting E) dot
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[Debate ends]