Controversial opinions on metal

I just can't absorb it when hearing out-of-tune violins. Look, I grew up in a musical family, my father plays violin proffessionaly in orchestra so I am used to hearing it and I know when it's played well or poorly and I can't stand when it's bad. Don't get me wrong though, the album is still a 90%-95% for me, it's awesome and essential deathmetal piece, it's just those violins.
And why is it inherently bad to play a violin out of tune and dissonant? I wonder how you can stomach any extreme metal with this kind of attitude.

Mathiäs;7718063 said:
:lol::lol:

You must not like much black metal, then

You're wrong, I like blackmetal and your logic doesn't make sense. The bm I like is definately played well and IS atmospheric - that's a reason I listen to blackmetal. The music may be simple, but it's played well on the records. However, violins is a completely different thing, honestly.

And why is it inherently bad to play a violin out of tune and dissonant? I wonder how you can stomach any extreme metal with this kind of attitude.

It's not inherently bad. If you want to play violin like that go to your basement and do it. I'm just saying that these horribly weak parts of The Red in the Sky ruin that great and -well played- deathmetal (extreme metal if you want) record.

I don't see how would my attitude on detuned violins change my view on extreme metal TBH. You're really a faggot.

It's not inherently bad. If you want to play violin like that go to your basement and do it. I'm just saying that these horribly weak parts of The Red in the Sky ruin that great and -well played- deathmetal (extreme metal if you want) record.

I don't see how would my attitude on detuned violins change my view on extreme metal TBH. You're really a faggot.
Note that he's actually serious while saying this. :lol:

I like the violins in the Red in the Sky is Ours but I can see why Onder doesn't like them and IMO he's not less cool for it.

in before cool guy points loss

Nah it's ok. V5 is one of the most helpful, most dedicated to metal, and one of the most valuable posters GMD has ever seen. He clearly has the right to call people out like me for having a differing opinion to him, or actaully posting on topic with my own opinion. He's earned that right obviously, seeing as though he is a moderator of this here great forum. For anyone to ever say or do anything that does not sit well with him is blasphemy and worthy of punishment via insults on this forum without fear of retaliation from his superior (cough Deron).

It's pretty sad what this forum is becoming. V5 continually shows how big of a prick he truly is and nothing is ever done about it. I never go out of my way to attack him, or flame him, or do anything. I don't do that to anyone, except CC a couple times but it was mostly just for laughs. But anytime I ever have an argument with someone, or have something to say about someone else, he feels as if it's his duty to lambast me. My question is why? Where do you think you get off calling me a moron all the time? Who the fuck are you anyways?

One of these days, the people around here will wake the fuck up and see what I've been saying all along (much like the whole awards debacle). I'm tired of your shit, but the problem is nothing is going to be done about it. So what should I do? I'm not going to let you think you've "got" or are always one up on me despite your delusional idea of superiority.. Truth be told, I think you're a little pussy who thinks way too highly of yourself and needs a good beatdown to bring your ass back to reality. Sure you can say I'm trying to be an "internet tough guy" but fuck you, fact is V5 would probably get his ass kicked by everyone on this forum, including the chicks. Where he gets off thinking he is all hardcore and all-knowing is beyond me.

I'm just the guy on the outside looking in and isn't apart of the "cool" crowd because I don't suck his cock. It's not my fault you are a loser and have no social life beyond your ugly ass girlfriend, much like the rest of the "cool" posters here. It's just funny to see some of the people around here like V5 getting off on how smart and cool he is, but yet also insanely pathetic at the same time. Eh whatever, I'll just go on getting the last laugh at you losers. Cheers!