Controversial opinions on metal

Inspired from the multi-page, who knows why, In Flames thread...

'The Jester Race'...what an amazingly average album. Not BAD. But so fragmented. There's a great EP trapped in there somewhere. And the mix is flat.

I wonder how long it'll be till the full-on ohiogrinder-omni flame-war. Just put each other on ignore now.

Anyhow, the mix on TJR allows the guitar melodies to dominate = what it's supposed to sound like. The flat mix takes the emphasis off the drumming, making it less propulsive. I think it works a lot better that way tbh.

Also, the songs are well-written and it's really not a very long album. Graveland, Wayfaerer, and The Jester's Dance could go, but all the other songs are awesome.

Probably not very controversial at all... but death metal from the early 90's > all the rest.

self-evident actually.

*edit* what i mean is that early 90's death metal is clearly superior to other kinds of death metal... not all other kinds of music.

I can think of a few albums from recent days that beat a lot of 90s shit

for example, The Chalice Of Ages

Metal archives agrees with sputnik, II and III are rated higher than I on both sites.

Also, why is sputnik shit?

But I don't fucking care about fucking Danzig. Look, shitnikmusic does nothing better than M-A or RYM and there NO fucking need to ever visit that site. I was now listening to Funebrarum so I searched it on sputnikmusic to prove my point. There is no info whatsoever, just their album listed with TWO stupid ratings. When you search it on M-A or RYM, you get all the info, EPs, demos, more ratings and reviews. See?