Controversial opinions on metal

Dreaming With the Dead is a cool cd. I do think it would have been better with more DM style vocals.

I don't mind Decrepit Birth, though their new album is some pretty massive Death worship.

Dawn Crosby was the best female thrash vocalist, and Detente's Recognize No Authority is better than 95% of the thrash albums that people discuss all the time (Testament, Exodus, etc etc)

I still haven't heard that album, but her performance on Within the Veil is enough to make me agree with your first statement.

I don't mind Decrepit Birth, though their new album is some pretty massive Death worship.

Dawn Crosby was the best female thrash vocalist, and Detente's Recognize No Authority is better than 95% of the thrash albums that people discuss all the time (Testament, Exodus, etc etc)

Yeah, I love Decrepit Birth, but they have pretty much abandoned the brutal death metal thing from more of a technical/melodic sound, which is already creating a rabid following of fanbois, which is why I predict everyone in the metal underground will start hating them.
And yes, Dawn Crosby is awesome. I'm only familiar with her Fear Of God material, however.

I sort of liked Diminishing Between Worlds but there is so much lame ass shredding, with really primitive ideas that actually make no sense contextually in the song and with what the other musicians are doing. And the overdone Death ass kissing is just too much.

I highly doubt this is controversial, but Opeth only has one album worth listening to, and that's Still Life. The albums before and after meander around way too much.

I have not listened to Opeth in ages, but Damnation was one of my favorites at a certain point so would check out that album. I might listen to it today.

Probably not controversial but it's one of the first things that comes to mind when someone mentions Opeth:

Damnation sucks and is the most boring album I own. I really don't get what people see in that album.

Damnation is great. I am surprised that the band didn't pursue that sound further, I mean I know it would alienate a lot of their fans, but I would personally like to hear them make another album in that style.

JesusAkerfeldt.jpg