Cool parts of songs

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I don't know if this topic has ever been done before - I think it has potential to be really cool.

We all have certain parts of songs that we love, for any number of reasons.

Lets hear them - I know it can be difficult to pinpoint exactly where in the song these parts are unless you're listening to the song at the time of the post. If you don't know exactly, give en estimation. Feel free to list one, or as many as you want!

I'll start with one:

Devin Townsend - By Your Command - 6:10-7:10

Well, this topic has, indeed, been done, but what the hell?

The Matt Barlow thread made me want to listen to some Iced Earth. Ironically, I chose to listen to The Glorious Burden. I guess I'll listen to Burnt Offereings next. ANYWAY...

The Devil to Pay, 9:33 to 10:25. Probably more for the lyrics and vocals, but, really, it's all good.

at 1:21 in Finntroll's Slaget Vid Blodsälv, the battle trumpets kick in, Katla lets out a arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

when my 4 year old nephew first heard that part with the horns, he screamed POWER RANGERS!!!!!! and came running. power rangers indeed. indeed.

and pretty much any song of theirs where the vocalist lets out a roar.

Sång - Finntroll. i love the whole song, but from 2:00 on, it gives me wood.

beginning of slayer "angel of death"

it sounds like a scream you would imagine coming from the gas chambers

intro to morbid angel "god of emptiness", it is awesome

solo in suffocation "abomination reborn", it sounds like something similar to early slayer but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better/more technical

imagine. imagine. not actually coming from the gas chambers. is it ok to imagine things or are thought sto be censored as well?

i can see the threads popping up now...

The solos in Nachtmystium - A Seed for the Suffering and Eulogy IV
The part in Incantation - Devoured Death when the guitars come back in after they faded out.
The bass solo in Deeds of Flesh - Path of the Weakening

Reverie/Harlequin Forest by Opeth -- The first half of this song is amazing, the second half is generally forgettable.

What I've Become by LoG -- 1:19 to 2:02 -- Just a plain beatdown. That shit is fun as hell to play.

Intro riff to Nephilim Rising by Behemoth -- Fucking metal.

Backbone by Gojira -- 2:02 to 2:24 -- Great.

Nemesis by Arch Enemy -- 2:26 to 2:56 -- 30 seconds of greatness that makes the rest of the song bearable.

Domination by Pantera -- 3:51 to end -- Nothing I like better than a good beatdown and this is the best.

The cool part of Cannibal Corpse's vocal parts in the middle of She Was Asking for it
In the night
I hear her scream
Waiting
In the grave

dude, GOOD call on the Opeth and Gojira
Reverie has an incredible first 1/2, the other? bahhh
Backbone's riffs are nuff' to slay the balls right off your sack