Nu metal parts in songs

Eligos

Problem Yet to be Solved
Jun 2, 2008
Great Plains of the U.S.
www.myspace.com
Anyone else ever notice nu metallish parts in songs by the bands you listen to? Here's one of my favorites, it's much more apparent when you have it playing through stereo speakers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest thing to nu-metal in any band that I like is this one riff on Dark Space III, except that it isn't gay and there's no rapping involved.

I essentially agree with the above post.

Is killswitch engage nu-metal? if so then that's the only nu-metal I ever and most likely will ever enjoy.

Pain of Salvation's BE has a few nu-metal moments, then they turn it up big on scarsick which I couldn't even carry myself to give it a 2nd listen.

Is killswitch engage nu-metal? if so then that's the only nu-metal I ever and most likely will ever enjoy.

Pain of Salvation's BE has a few nu-metal moments, then they turn it up big on scarsick which I couldn't even carry myself to give it a 2nd listen.
I think KE is metalcore.

Sometimes there's the odd simplistic downtuned riff, but not enough gay to qualify as nu-metal, so no, not really.

I dislike "nu-metal" but there is nothing wrong with simplicity or downtuning in music

Whenever I discover any nu-metalish parts in songs I just fuckin jump da fuck up and let loose in this motherfucker like a freak yeeeeeaaaaaah boy.

The closest thing to nu-metal in any band that I like is this one riff on Dark Space III, except that it isn't gay and there's no rapping involved.

I essentially agree with the above post.

Just curious a bit here, since when does Nu-metal always have rapping in it. I don't see how Static-X has any sort of rapping at all

they don't "turn it up big" the only "nu-metal" content is found on the first 2 tracks and even then it is really only in the vocal delivery. nothing else on the album even remotely resembles nu-metal