The stupidity in nu-metal

i completely agree with what sculptedcold said. I think nu-metal needs to be around really, it gives the young masses something to make them feel different and individual, yes ok its very shitty but at least it gets more people into metal, therefore more people to convert and more fans for the underground

I'm enjoying the irony of someone with "Burzum" in their name calling anything idiotic.
Mindless cursing doesn't annoy me half as much as pretentious midgits.

Eventually nu metal fans, including our Mudvayne fan above, will stumble upon real metal and abandon their mallcore ways. I didn't truly discover metal until I was fourteen.

Generation_Speedkill said:
Eventually nu metal fans, including our Mudvayne fan above, will stumble upon real metal and abandon their mallcore ways. I didn't truly discover metal until I was fourteen.

LOL *ahem* My last purchases were;

Avulsed - Cybergore
Avulsed - Stabwound Orgasm
Commit Suicide - Human Larvae [Earthly Cleansing]
Debodified - Utopia In The Eyes Of The Beast
Enmity - Vomit Forth Intestinal Excrement
Foetopsy - Dyspartum
Grave - Soulless
Grave - Hating Life
Immolation - Unholy Cult
Melechesh - Sphynx
Neuraxis - Truth Beyond
Sepsism - Severe Carnal Butchery
Vital Remains - Dechristianize

:Smug: Were you saying something Generation Speedkill? Oh crikey, someone who likes early Soilwork!!! How fucking underground of you.

:err: .......I like Mudvayne too. What the hell are you trying to say..... you don't even know what else we listen to.

Our "mallcore ways"? wtf? because we like a certain band that some people claim are nu-metal (which I would highly disagree with)?

LOL *ahem* My last purchases were;

Avulsed - Cybergore
Avulsed - Stabwound Orgasm
Commit Suicide - Human Larvae [Earthly Cleansing]
Debodified - Utopia In The Eyes Of The Beast
Enmity - Vomit Forth Intestinal Excrement
Foetopsy - Dyspartum
Grave - Soulless
Grave - Hating Life
Immolation - Unholy Cult
Melechesh - Sphynx
Neuraxis - Truth Beyond
Sepsism - Severe Carnal Butchery
Vital Remains - Dechristianize

:Smug: Were you saying something Generation Speedkill? Oh crikey, someone who likes early Soilwork!!! How fucking underground of you.
clear.gif

damn you must feel proud and yet you still listen to mudvayne... is it just me or does listening to nu-metal also trivialize real metal. for one your continuing a trend which keeps money away from musicians that deserve it. for two nu metal is not nearly as good as real meal not to mention its a trend whatever happened to not fitting the mold.

First of all, I never claimed of being 'underground'. I simply stated that, despite any of your other preferences, you listen to a blatantly nu metal band.

Mudvayne aren't blatantly nu-metal. The fact that they are thrown in the same genre as Lincoln Park or Limp Buiscuit pisses me off. Most people probably have only heard one song by them (Dig, their absolute worst song) or havent heard anything, they just lump them in with nu-metal because they are popular.

Mudvayne arent numetal, they arent one particular genre, unlike Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park they actualy put meaning and effort into their music. They've got 10 fold the talent most numetal bands have, their just popular, so they are branded Nu metal because no one else knows where to put them, they are much better than most of the brutal death metal I've heard anyway, and more meaningfull with their lyrics.

Heh heh. I dont know about musical betterness myself, but I do know that I prefere Mudvaynes music more than msot of those bands really. They mean more to me.

First of all i used to kinda like mudvayne, but then i saw then live with inflames..... they were fucking horrible, kud or what ever the fuck his name is... sounded like shit, they were offbeat a million times..... IF showed them up... dig isnt their worst song... their fuckin new album is horrible the only good song on it is.... the end of all things to come... cmon guys i cant have respect for a band that blows live... they have to atleast sound ok.... MUDVAYNE SUCKS ASS!!!

urm....you sure that was mudvayne? the only big 'nu' bands that in flames has toured with was slipknot, oms and american head charge as far as i'm aware......

i've seen mudvayne twice and there's nothing wrong with their performance.