The stupidity in nu-metal

Generation_Speedkill said:
Eventually nu metal fans, including our Mudvayne fan above, will stumble upon real metal and abandon their mallcore ways. I didn't truly discover metal until I was fourteen.

It appears that our Mudvayne fan above seems to have more sense than most.

LOL, or rather....is he here to bug us?? :tickled:

bah, I don't care if people into 'real' metal give MuDvAyNe the once over (or not at all) and say it sucks because of it's stigmatized genre.....it's their ignorance growing, not mine!

im on sculpted cold's side here, so he's not allowed to like mudvayne? ah i see, because he's in the metal community he's a complete prick for liking anything other than "true" metal, ok well do you see people going into threads about classical and saying they're all dickheads? no, do you see people ripping other people for liking radiohead or pink floyd or jeff buckley? no, so shut the fuck up you complete fucktards and go back to your dark little narrow minded playroom

Eventually nu metal fans, including our Mudvayne fan above, will stumble upon real metal and abandon their mallcore ways. I didn't truly discover metal until I was fourteen.

The funny thing is, that guy probably knows more underground music than you, AND he's not pathetic enough to stop liking a nu-metal band he enjoys, just because idiots like you flame him.

damn you must feel proud and yet you still listen to mudvayne... is it just me or does listening to nu-metal also trivialize real metal. for one your continuing a trend which keeps money away from musicians that deserve it. for two nu metal is not nearly as good as real meal not to mention its a trend whatever happened to not fitting the mold.

'Feel proud'? What the hell? I think he enjoys the music, you pillock. Oh, and it's just you. And how is he keeping money away from musicians who deserve it? It's not like he's going to stop buying other, more underground bands' albums because he likes Mudvayne, and he obviously feels that Mudvayne deserve his money anyway. And I'm glad to see you're one of those anti-trend people. Funny thing is, that's a trend too.

indeed what i would most like to know is why is someone who likes mudvayne on ULTIMATEMETAL it really doesnt make sense is there even a mudvayne forum? or is he here just to bug us?

Well funnily enough, there's only about 50 band forums on this site. Are you saying that the people here should ONLY listen to those 50 bands? Or are you just a retard who can't put anything coherant together?

There's so much ignorance in this thread its funny.

So according in this forum, its not possible to like this "nu" metal, and the "real" metal. But what defines REAL metal, a band that doesnt get big or sell out, and must must MUST have at least 1 riff per song, lyrics that make fuck all sense at most of times, and ofcourse never forget must have the best drummer in the world.... Whats the point in that if it doesnt make fuck all sense? At least with Mudvayne they make what they are happy with, what they want to write, and most of the lyrics are some of the best I've read.

Numetal is defined through magazines who can't give a band a certain genre to fit into, and people here use that word like its the bible. You're just as bad as the magazines and mainstream you hate.

Not all shit bands are mainstream, and not all mainstream bands are shit. Remember this.

'Nu-metal' for me, is better-described as 'angst-metal', and relies more heavily on image than quality of music. There's also a certain guitar sound, and often rap elements. I tend not to like nu-metal, but then, I like System of a Down, and some would call them nu-metal (although I personally would not.)

Reactions: SculptedCold
I wouldnt call system of a down nu-metal, especially not their early stuff on the first album, they've just been sucked in by all the kiddie moshers and slipknot fans so they get labelled nu-metal, i mean half of their fans dont even understand what the lyrics are about

Reactions: SculptedCold