Cool parts of songs

Nemesis by Arch Enemy -- 2:26 to 2:56 -- 30 seconds of greatness that makes the rest of the song bearable.

I personally like that whole song, but those 30 seconds are certainly the best part.

I always thought "Turn the Page" by Blind Guardian sounded like a worship song or something. Not necessarily a plus, but an interesting observation.

Fucking love it, and I see what you mean. My favorite part of that song is 1:26 to about 1:44. Where he goes "We do not believe in lies...".

Opeth: reveries/harlequin forest- 8:12 to 9:05,advent- 1:19 to 1:56 and 3:19 to 4:21, April Ethereal- 3:08 to 3:35, 4:41 to 5:28,6:00 to 6:41, Windowpane- 1:12 to 1:47, Closure- 3:27 to 5:15.

Tristania: Endogenesis- 0:30 to 1:25, 2:47 to 3:27, 6:20 to end, The Gate- 3:21 to 4:00, 4:24 to 4:49.

Agalloch: Not Unlike The Waves- 0:55 to 1:50, She Painted Fire Across The Skyline prt 3- 2:55 to 3:34, Falling Snow- 6:25 to the end.

Amorphis: Drowned Maid- 2:26 to 3:36

Dissection: Thorns of Crimson Death 3:01 to 3:27, Unhallowed 5:47 to end.

Satyricon: The Dawn of a New Age: the conquering 6:01 to 6:50,Dark Medieval Times 1:54 to 3:35

Diabolical Masquerade: Dreadventurouz-5:05 to 5:35, All Onboard the Perdition Hearze- 2:11 to 2:37, Haunted By Horror- 3;17 to 3:55,

Enslaved: Api-Vat 5:35 to end

Insomnium - Mortal Share: 2:22 to The end

Best fucking outro I've ever heard, great music, vocals and lyrics:

But where do we lay our heads to rest?
Where do we shelter when the night falls?

For the part of man
Is to take the sombre path
Stumble in the dark
Stray amidst the dust and ash

Like forgotten ghosts
Drifting in the driving wind
Dashing towards the void
Whirling blindly through the night

Like water flung from the highest cliff
We fall,
lunge,
swirl,
dissolve,
and fade away
Down into the unknown

:kickass:

The end of Agalloch's 'Hallways of Enchanted Ebony' when he yells "It was the light's end!". The ending to 'Falling Snow'.

When the clean vocals kick in in Emperor's 'With Strength I Burn'

The endings of Enslaved's 'Entroper' and 'Reogenesis'

The solo in Devin Townsend's 'Deep Peace'. The rest of the song is crap.

Anneke van Giersberg's amazing vocal solo in The Gathering's 'Sand and Mercury'.

Lots of Opeth bits: the ending to 'The Apostle in Triumph', the epic riff in 'Black Rose Immortal' just before he whispers those words, and I can't be bothered writing any more

The jaw-dropping berzerk drumming halfway into 'Capillarian Crest' by Mastodon

Borknagar - Nocturnal Vision (3:00-4:02)

From my favorite band of all time, this is my favorite minute and 2 seconds. It's absolute NIRVANA.

Adding some 'kewl' parts to my list.

Old Man's Child-The Flames Of Deceit: 1:37 to 2:25, Lord Of Command [Bringer Of Hate]: 1:02 to 1:34, Twilight Damnation 2:11 to 2:57

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls

The part with the keyboard during the chorus (and the riff itself) are the sole reason I decided to buy Altars of Madness.

Blind Guardian - Born In A Mourning Hall

The solo in this song is amazing and flows terrifically.

Dark Tranquility - The Dividing Line

The riff at about 0:49 or so is a great headbanger. :kickass:

Mastodon - Megalodon

The part with the quick Southern-flavoured riff and then the tempo change are EXCELLENT. :)

Lamb of God - 11th Hour

The breakdown near the end of the song is only about 11 seconds, but was the first time I ever truly felt the urge to headbang. :headbang:

Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

The opening drum/bass is extremely cool.

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls

The part with the keyboard during the chorus (and the riff itself) are the sole reason I decided to buy Altars of Madness.

classic section.

let me add

Morbid Angel: immortal rites 1:54 to 2:42.

the riff before the clean vox part in Mourning Beloveth - Narcissistic Funeral
part that begins acoustic in Dissection - Nights Blood
intro to Arghoslent - Flogging the Cargo
main riff to Primordial - The Coffin Ships

Guitar Solo - Cathedral - Corpsecycle

Great song, great band, great album. Is Gaz Jennings the best guitarist in doom ?

(Yes)