Coolest Chick in Metal?

Thanks Kittybeast. :D Do I have to get my gloves on now?
angry-punching.gif

LMAO!

Welcome Rockgurl! I agree on Nancy Wilson... love her pipes! :headbang:

Erik said:
Ice Age deserves much credit for not only being one of the earlier thrash bands in Sweden, but the ONLY all-female one.

Do you mean the only all-female thrash band in Sweden or in general? In case of the latter, you forgot Original Sin.

Too bad Ice Age never got to record an album. They got a two-page article and a positive concert review in Kerrang! way back then, but all I´ve ever heard of them was a song played on a Dutch metal radio show.

My vote goes to Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) and Agnete M. Kirkevaag.

np: Kate Bush - "Sunset"

Burkhard said:
Do you mean the only all-female thrash band in Sweden or in general? In case of the latter, you forgot Original Sin.

OMG! Original Sin! Johanna the guitarist is my best friend in the world and we were in bands together for years. Isabella, the other guitarist, joined Rock Goddess after that, and Andi, the bass player, is still a good friend of ours. It's amazing to see people still talking about them. How awesome! :D

Electronicoil said:
Hey, if ya'll like women in metal and particularly if you like Nancy Wilson (like I do) let me recommend a favorite band, Lochinvar.

http://www.lochinvar.net/

Wow! She is a Wilson sister ;)

Pretty good! It could be the production... but the only problem I hear is that she is straining her voice too much... but great nonetheless!

Actually...Nancy Wilson is the guitarist :) Ann Wilson is the vocalist and has one of the finest voices in the world...ever. I saw Heart live a few months ago and her voice was the most powerful I ever heard. It broke plate glass windows at fifty feet! :tickled: I love Nancy because she's so cool and is one of the world's few very good guitarists. She's an icon and an inspiration. Not to say that Ann isn't but there's a lot of singers and not many guitarists.

Rockgurl said:
OMG! Original Sin! Johanna the guitarist is my best friend in the world and we were in bands together for years. Isabella, the other guitarist, joined Rock Goddess after that, and Andi, the bass player, is still a good friend of ours. It's amazing to see people still talking about them. How awesome! :D
Seems we´re talking about two different bands here, because the one I´m referring to (they released one album - "Sin Will Find You Out" - in 1986) only featured one guitarist, Cynthia Taylor, and their bass player went by the name of Pandora Fox (probably not her real name, though).

np: Kate Bush - "The Painter´s Link"

Burkhard said:
Seems we´re talking about two different bands here, because the one I´m referring to (they released one album - "Sin Will Find You Out" - in 1986) only featured one guitarist, Cynthia Taylor, and their bass player went by the name of Pandora Fox (probably not her real name, though).

np: Kate Bush - "The Painter´s Link"

I guess we are. The band I'm talking about was made up of the remains of Ice Age and they did tour Europe. It must have been a popular name.

Burkhard said:
I meant Sweden, I guess, though I probably couldn't have named another all-female thrash band either, hehe. Haven't heard Original Sin, might have to check them out.

It's impossible for me to choose just one Metal Godess so my voice goes to Dorothea Pesch,Leather Leone,Federica De Boni,Jutta Weinhold and Nicole Lee