Coronavirus cases and deaths among UM members

giphy.gif

Some of these projections about early infections are pretty staggering.

By the time New York City confirmed its first case of the coronavirus on March 1, thousands of infections were already silently spreading through the city, a hidden explosion of a disease that many still viewed as a remote threat as the city awaited the first signs of spring.

Hidden outbreaks were also spreading almost completely undetected in Boston, San Francisco, Chicago and Seattle, long before testing showed that each city had a major problem, according to a model of the spread of the disease by researchers at Northeastern University who shared their results with The New York Times.

Even in early February — while the world focused on China — the virus was not only likely to be spreading in multiple American cities, but also seeding blooms of infection elsewhere in the United States, the researchers found.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

It's almost like the school kiddies who are no longer at school have found internet forums :p

No, I'm a bot controlled by Putin just here to annoy people as I see fit while stealling all your private data....but sshh don't tell anyone.

Reactions: CiG
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...zD7rjD6YIxrDye46VHLVQGwQ-SOmclcN4g4zCuGtiZLVg

Bryan said, "The virus dies quickest in sunlight," leaving Trump to wonder whether you could bring the light "inside the body."

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

He added: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

He didn't specify the kind of disinfectant.

I mean, it's just morbidly entertaining at this point.

"2 million Americans are going to die, no 800k, never mind .... 500k, oh shit scratch that 250k, no no we meant 100k etc" :lol:

It's amusing to watch you think you understand how projections work. You complain about the fact that public places are closed, and that numbers were inflated; but it's because public places are closed that projections went down.

Reactions: rms and zerostatic